Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

URGENT Auto Save Bug fixed

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

I have been keeping up with this neo-gaf forum on the auto save bug

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589746

Go to network settings on your ps3 and disable network connection. Apparently the bug will not appear if you stay offline. i will keep you guys updated if going offline will fix the problem. i am testing it right now.

UPDATE

No Caption Provided

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

Server-side fix for a savegame bug on my local machine? Must be some major data-mining operation that crapped out due to server overload. Why that would affect my ability to save locally? I'll never know. What a wierd world we live in.

Regardless, I lost a hefty session's worth of progress. I guess I'll have take a week off the game now. Let this mother cool down a little. Try and salvage this mess for myself at a later date. I'm still pretty pissed, and I'd rather not rush through the same shit again. What makes matters worse is, that it ain't the kind of game I enjoy playing more than once.

Shesh!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I cannot wait to get done work and play this.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmyfenix

@seppli: Many games do this. This is how you gather how many headshots have happened. how many times have you died etc etc. its going to be super fun with Xbone cloud server thing :D!

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

@seppli: Yeah that's a pretty common practice. It's known as analytics and they use the data to help inform future decisions, content, games.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

@kung_fu_viking: @jimmyfenix:

That's why I wrote it, didn't I? First time it affected me negatively though. What a shit show that was.

therealhowwie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Hmm. I seem to have lost quite a bit of progress there. And it dumped me back to by far my least favorite area of the game that I've encountered. There's only one way to solve this.

No Caption Provided

iozaeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost HOURS of game time. Now I have to start over. This is inexcusable. They have to make it up to us somehow. Do NOT let them off the hook for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's just great... Too bad I lost quite some progress. My last save was from right after you meet Ellie, and I had reached the point where you meet Henry and Sam. So I guess that is a couple of hours lost.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just lost a whole day of progress to this. A whole day of non-stop playing, about 9 hours, lost. Fucking dejected.

owlmassive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By owlmassive

Thank you for the info dude much appreciated

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found that I had the bug and rather than lose hours of progress to fix the bug I just decided to keep going till the end. Though upon finishing and getting the trophies it crashed the PS3 and upon going back on seems it still reverted the save anyway. Lost about 9 hours or so and also didn't unlock any of the bonuses or survival difficulty. Says I need to finish the game. Disappointing, though at least I finished the story I suppose so there is no urgent need to replay it.

@jimmyfenix the bug makes it so whenever you bring up the menu the restart checkpoint, save game and load game options are all greyed out permanently saying they are auto-saving so there is no way to manually save with that bug. Only options are to either reset the game and take a gamble on how much progress you might lose, or press on with the game and don't turn it off till completion.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I lost about 2 and a half hours, and had to restart from the prologue. The most annoying part was that I had to try a few times to clear a certain section with clickers before saving, and then realised I couldn't save anyway and shouldn't have bothered getting past that part.

stange88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i played 2 hours of last of us with autosave disable and no problems, but i needed a break so i saved, now the game keeps freezing. That Naughty Dog fix did not work for me and i really like this game alot

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gravier251: WTF, you beat it already? Ugh. I was hoping it was longer than 10-12 hours. I like these types of games to be 20-25 hours long.

Avatar image for deactivated-61876872b43d2
    deactivated-61876872b43d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just had the autosave issue again after loading up about half an hour ago. Looks like it's still a problem.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Oh. It seems that I've lost 4 hours of gameplay and have to start back at the Prologue.

10/10

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Are people still having issues? I really want to play this game, but I do not want to lose progress.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing about 6 or 7 hours and have only experienced one save bug (don't know if it's what this thread is referring to). Basically I got through a tough situation (I'm playing on hard) and manually saved with a sigh of relief only to have it kick me back to the auto save prior to the encounter when I died. Naturally I was like, what the fuck? And manually loaded the save and again, it was the auto-save. My manual save was just gone. This was only five or ten mins of progress and I was still pissed. Anyway, is this the bug people are talking about?

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Teoball

I started over again today after finishing it with the bug yesterday, and it's working fine now.

If you get the bug it's easy to see though. When you push the start button it will say "austosaving please wait..." indefinitely, and "save game, "Load game", "restart encounter" and "quit game" will be greyed out.

I've been playing about 6 or 7 hours and have only experienced one save bug (don't know if it's what this thread is referring to). Basically I got through a tough situation (I'm playing on hard) and manually saved with a sigh of relief only to have it kick me back to the auto save prior to the encounter when I died. Naturally I was like, what the fuck? And manually loaded the save and again, it was the auto-save. My manual save was just gone. This was only five or ten mins of progress and I was still pissed. Anyway, is this the bug people are talking about?

I'm pretty sure the game only operates with checkpoints. Saving manually between checkpoints will only take back to the last checkpoint you passed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.