Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Where is my new game +?

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So after finishing the game on normal than started on hard. But, read that if i start a new game + I can change difficulty after the first chapter making it basically like survivor + which is what i wanted. But now i cant start a new game plus on any difficulty? Does this mean if you dont play your next new game as + you lose your game + ability?

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You can only new game plus the difficulty you beat it at or a lower one. You can't move it up.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know this, but the new game + option is not available on the diff. i beat it on? This is after starting a new game on hard, which was above the diff. i beat it on, but now wanted to go back to my game +, but when i try starting a new game on normal (the diff i beat it on) it doesnt give me an option for my game + file. well thankfully i have a couple saves when i did normal + so can just use them i guess for starting over on chapter one, which i guess if i start on hard or survivor i will still retain all my game plus stats...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

You can only new game plus the difficulty you beat it at or a lower one. You can't move it up.

What he's talking about is a glitch that let's you play Survivor + without beating the game on Survivor first and benefit from all the upgrades you already got on lower difficulties.

Maybe the game found out he wanted to cheat and said screw you!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lusence

its not really cheating as you dont get the acheivement and at any rate i would like to be able to play my game + file at any point regardless if I started the game again at a harder diff.

I guess im saying if you beat the game say on normal. then start a new game on hard, you will not be able to start a game + if you lost your file where you beat the game.

And anyways im not a big fan of this games game + system! I was really hoping to do a harder diff. still having my game + stats, like every other game freaking out there... this is news to me! bah! why would i want to play the same diff i just beat over again, but YAY now i have way better stuff...? on the flip side.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LET ME CAPS THIS TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE THE PROBLEM. IF YOU BEAT THE GAME, AND THEN START ON A DIFFERENT/HARDER DIFFICULTY YOU LOSE YOUR NEW GAME + OPTION... Even the little switch blade in the window goes away never to return... Who knows i might just be bugged?

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By laserguy

At least you got to finish your game.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SuperCycle

I beat the game on Normal, then Normal plus. After I finished Normal plus I went to chapter select and chose survivor difficulty, I started with the upgrades from when I beat Normal and I got Survivor Plus and lower trophies.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really? meh started feeling guilty, so went back to my hard file. but just gotta make sure to not lose those game + files or i wont be able to play game + without having to beat the game again with a new file...

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i think to get this straight if you dont start a new game plus right after you beat the game and start on a harder difficulty you just lost your option to play a new game plus until you beat game again?

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you've kept your save files separate, you won't have a problem, but if you went to New Game and saved over your completed save file, then yeah I would think you'll have to beat the game again.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think thats pretty lame, because they seem to be able to track your money for bonus unlocks but not your game + files?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.