Who's a better Josh Brolin?

Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Who's a better Josh Brolin? (56 votes)

Josh Brolin 32%
Troy Baker 68%

Since Joel is basically an alternate reality version of Llewelyn Moss from No Country for Old Men it brings to mind the question whether Brolin could play himself better than Troy Baker; I think Troy Baker wins; though Josh Brolin might've won a few years ago. The couch scene at the beginning of The Last of Us is relatively similar to the scene where Josh Brolin talks to his wife in No Country; I imagine it's an homage. One would hope Anton Chigurh doesn't come looking for Ellie and Joel in the future.

#1 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

Well, unlike Llewelyn Moss, Joel shows plenty of forethought and ice coldness, so I'd say they'll be fine.

Troy Baker wins, most def.

#2 Posted by Samael2138 (232 posts) -

Although Josh Brolin did one hell of a job in No Country for Old Men, Troy Baker is actually a native Texan, and it shows. As a native Texan myself, I cannot tell you how many people I know that sound exactly like him. I gotta go with another Texan.

Oh, and in the beginning of the game when they show the Austin skyline, then they drive down 183 to get to I-35, I nearly shit a tin brick! My sister lived just a mile or 2 from the intersection of I-35 and 183, and I used to live just on the other side of town. Reppin' the 512!!

#3 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

Nolan North

Mind you I'm thinking of Josh Brolin in True Grit.

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Troy has the voice but not the looks to pull this of. Josh wins.

#5 Edited by strangeling (1260 posts) -

I voted Troy Baker, because Josh Brolin is a better Tommy Lee Jones (as evidenced in M.I.B.3).

#6 Edited by Max_Cherry (1131 posts) -

James Brolin.

#7 Edited by Nightriff (4930 posts) -

Troy Baker is the greatest so he is a better Josh Brolin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.