North American release delayed.

#1 Edited by Vonocourt (2140 posts) -

Got an email from Amazon yesterday saying that Xseed has pushed back the title from its July date to August 3rd. One month isn't that long of a delay, so I wonder what's the holdup.

#2 Posted by Slayne (46 posts) -

I might be wrong but I want to say they had a delay in another title which shuffled everything else. They had a post on their forum about how they're a very small staff so when they have to shuffle resources around it impacts everything they're working on.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

It's not delayed because XSEED hadn't announced a firm release date yet.

#4 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Hailinel: This thread is about how the expected released date was pushed back. Nobody needs your shitty semantics.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -
@TentPole

@Hailinel: This thread is about how the expected released date was pushed back. Nobody needs your shitty semantics.

No need to get hostile.
#6 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Hailinel: Its the internet. If you aren't being hostile then you are doing it wrong.

#7 Posted by biggiedubs (499 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@TentPole

No need to get hostile.

To be fair, you did sound like a bit of smart-ass with your first comment.

Not sure what the hold-up could be, unless it's just a boring technical problem. Although, maybe they looked over the game again and thought, 'this game has way too many British accents'. Being a English person myself, I was totally fine with it, but I could see certain parts of the dialogue where it might confuse / amuse people. Of the top of my head I remember a certain line in particular, which I've turned into a fun English Quiz for you Americans:

Q: If a person describes you as 'well hard' what do they mean?

#8 Posted by Brodehouse (10067 posts) -

@biggiedubs: Probably that he's a tough prick. We'd say hard case.

Apparently it means 'very tough'. Yep.

#9 Posted by biggiedubs (499 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Yeah it does! I remember that phrase being used at some point in the game and just wondered what the hell it was doing in there. I guess most people could understand it eventually, but still, the rest of the dialogue could have used a bit of touching up here and there, partly for the overbearing English accents and partly because some of its pretty bad.

The Last Story is pretty good though. Not great, but pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.