The Last Story has a release date: February 24.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/08/europe-will-hear-the-last-story-in-february/ 

Rumours that Mistwalker and Nintendo’s The Last Story would be released in Europe this February have been confirmed. Nintendo of Europe announced today that the game is slated for February 24th.

Great news. I really like the look of this game (it looks more like a party-based third-person action game than a typical JRPG, with cover, stealth, over-the-shoulder aiming, dodge rolls et cetera), so I'll probably get it on release.
#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6972 posts) -

You tricked me, i thought it was going to be released in the us. FUCK YOU>

#3 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

Great news, I checked out a review on Youtube in the wake of Xenoblade getting a US release date and it seemed pretty interesting.

I'll probably never finish it if I do end up buying it, just like most other JRPGs I've ever played but whatever.

#4 Edited by MEATBALL (3194 posts) -

I've been hearing this is the weakest of the three Wii JRPGs (Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower), but I'm still super interested in it. Hope Australia gets a similar date soon.

#5 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -
@MEATBALL: Pandora's Tower isn't a JRPG. It's a metroidvania action-platformer.
#6 Posted by MEATBALL (3194 posts) -
@Icemael said:
@MEATBALL: Pandora's Tower isn't a JRPG. It's a metroidvania action-platformer.
Oh really? The three games were so often mentioned in the same breath I just assumed. I guess that's why you shouldn't assume things. That news actually makes me a little more interested in Pandora's Tower than I was before.
#7 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Call me when there's a North American release date!

#8 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -
@ssj4raditz

Talk to you next winter!
#9 Posted by xyzygy (9949 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:

Great news, I checked out a review on Youtube in the wake of Xenoblade getting a US release date and it seemed pretty interesting.

I'll probably never finish it if I do end up buying it, just like most other JRPGs I've ever played but whatever.

ARE. YOU. SHITTING ME. 

XC has a NA release date??!?! You just made my day sir.
#10 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

@ssj4raditz said:

#11 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Aw. And here I thought you'd be talking about a US release date.

I'm sure I'll play it sooner or later.

#12 Posted by Hailinel (24415 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@RockmanBionics said:

ARE. YOU. SHITTING ME. XC has a NA release date??!?! You just made my day sir.

It's due for release in early April, but NOA is at this point apparently planning for a limited release. Currently, you can only buy it through either Gamestop (online or in-store) or through Nintendo's online store. Gamestop is already taking preorders, but Nintendo won't be taking preorders until December 19th.

Either way, if we want to see The Last Story released in the U.S., it would improve our chances if enough people buy Xenoblade.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I hope it's as good as Lost Odyssey and this it comes to NA.

#14 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -
#15 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

A PAL is on a Dolphin... wait.. wut?

#16 Posted by obcdexter (592 posts) -

A mini art book and a small soundtrack ...

Now that's racist!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.