Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

Calling it A LTTP 2 creates some lofty expectations

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Brad seeming super bummed out about the new Zelda game on twitter seemed a little off to me, especially since we know so little about the game, but there is something I think is worth considering. A Link to the Past is probably considered one of the best Zelda games made, and certainly the best 2D zelda game, so making this new game a sequel to that puts a bit of pressure on the developers. LTTP holds some sway, and this sequel is going to have to try real hard to live up to it's namesake. People may be expecting something on that level of quality, and who's to say they'll be able to deliver? I'm at least intrigued in finding out more about it, I played LTTP on the GBA port back in the day and really enjoyed it. The different perspective stuff seemed cool, definitely something that you'd want to experience in 3D.

I actually don't expect it to have the name A Link to the Past 2, but if that is the angle they are going to go with for showing off this game, I could see that resulting in some disappointed fans come release time.

And, though this is only sort of on topic, why all the talk about Nintendo capitalizing on our nostalgia with this new Zelda game specifically, when earlier in the Nintendo Direct they announced a 3DS version of that Donkey Kong Country remake that came out for the Wii a couple years ago? That's a lot more lazy than slapping the 'Link to the Past' title on a Zelda game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Good. Hopefully it lives up to that name, I haven't played a 2D Zelda game in awhile, I'm looking forward to it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@hyuzen said:

And, though this is only sort of on topic, why all the talk about Nintendo capitalizing on our nostalgia with this new Zelda game specifically, when earlier in the Nintendo Direct they announced a 3DS version of that Donkey Kong Country remake that came out for the Wii a couple years ago? That's a lot more lazy than slapping the 'Link to the Past' title on a Zelda game.

Yeah, I really don't get people. Brad got a huge boner for Ocarina of Time 3D, because as we all know and as he admits, he is actually a pretty big graphics whore. Seriously, 5 stars for a rerelease where they didn't design anything new, but just redid all of the models and textures. Sure, that takes times and effort, but how do you not dock a star for being lazy as fuck and being pretty expensive for a nearly 15-year-old game?

Anyone judging this new Zelda based off of like 70 seconds of gameplay video and because Nintendo is saying it's a followup to Link to the Past is an idiot. It's way too early to tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.