Difference between SNES version and GBA version

#1 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Can someone tell me what the difference is?

#2 Posted by AngeTheDude (666 posts) -

I think there is one extra sidequest and there are more sound effects. There aren't any major changes.

#3 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

GBA has that whole "Connect Four Guys Together Through The GBA Link Thing" storyline. I found that useless, other than that there's really no difference.

#4 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Besides the fact that it's awesomely portable.

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Besides the fact that it's awesomely portable."
lol...I find it funny that your post got negative feedback. I guess they take their questions serious here. Anyways, there is really not much of a difference...besides the obvious statement of a man named Jayge.
#6 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

I had it for GBA a while ago, and sold it eventually to buy another game. But I saw it on VC and wanted to buy it again. I wasn't sure about what was added to the GBA version. Now that I know, I'll probably download it again and play through it sometime.

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"Can someone tell me what the difference is?"

The snes version will never look this fucking cute"
So I must ask...does that GBA Micro work well? I've thought about picking one up, but I wasn't sure how it felt to control. And does it play GB/GBC games too?
#8 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -
Kush said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"Can someone tell me what the difference is?"

The snes version will never look this fucking cute"
So I must ask...does that GBA Micro work well? I've thought about picking one up, but I wasn't sure how it felt to control. And does it play GB/GBC games too?"
I think it plays GB/GBC games, but I'm not 100% sure. I see kids playing GBA games in class using the micro sometimes. I was going to buy one for that reason.
#9 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

to seriously answer your question there are multiple differences.

#10 Edited by BrickRoad (702 posts) -

I've got a NES Themed GBA Micro, purely for the portablitiy. The screen is really sharp, it's very good. It doesn't play GBC games however.

The major differences I notice between GBA/SNES ports is the sound is usually somewhat poorer, and it's the same in this case. Games like Earthbound and FFVI's sound on the GBA are quite noticeably different. And of course, the resolution is much lower, so everything is 'zoomed' in. Also, didn't they remove some special room a kid won in a comp back in the day, or at least alter it?

#11 Posted by AngeTheDude (666 posts) -

Ohhh, thanks for the info MasturbatingBear!

#12 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -
AngeTheDude said:
"Ohhh, thanks for the info MasturbatingBear!"
Only on Giant Bomb you hear things like that XD
#13 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -
Coltonio7 said:
"AngeTheDude said:
Only on Giant Bomb you hear things like that XD"
Lol. No problem. MasturbatingBear likes to help out
#14 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
MasturbatingBear said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"AngeTheDude said:
Lol. No problem. MasturbatingBear likes to help out"
im not sure wether to laugh or cry at that statement. the whole nest of quotes makes you sound like some kind of man in a suit that goes to schools to talk about different topics - like sexual harassment panda from south park,
#15 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -
Shotaro said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"AngeTheDude said:
im not sure wether to laugh or cry at that statement. the whole nest of quotes makes you sound like some kind of man in a suit that goes to schools to talk about different topics - like sexual harassment panda from south park,"
MasturbatingBear wants you to know that "no means no"
#16 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

LMAO

#17 Edited by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -
MasturbatingBear said:
"Shotaro said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"Coltonio7 said:
"AngeTheDude said:
im not sure wether to laugh or cry at that statement. the whole nest of quotes makes you sound like some kind of man in a suit that goes to schools to talk about different topics - like sexual harassment panda from south park,"
MasturbatingBear wants you to know that "no means no""
Lol, Thanks Bear. Doesn't seem like there's too many major differences.
#18 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

Hey no problem. Its what MasturbatingBear does. And no, doesn't seem to be any game changing differences. Just seems like something someone who played the SNES one extensively would notice and notice the difference.

#19 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

I downloaded it last night on the VC. Only played a bit of it, but didn't notice many differences from when I played the GBA version and now I know there wasn't many. Glad I bought it. Now to wait for Zombies Ate My Neighbors..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.