Best Zelda Ever.

#1 Posted by Demilich (2648 posts) -

'nuff said.

#2 Posted by Shawn (3843 posts) -

Actually, not enough said, at all.
When you make a claim like that you have to back it up, espescially when you go up against titles like Ocarina of Time.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14589 posts) -

While its good, I have to disagree.

#4 Posted by Demilich (2648 posts) -
Shawn said:
"Actually, not enough said, at all.
When you make a claim like that you have to back it up, espescially when you go up against titles like Ocarina of Time.
"
You're new to the internet. Acquaint yourself first.
#5 Posted by aemaeth (221 posts) -

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game without a doubt.
Best Music, Awesome Dungeons, Excellent Dialogue and it just had a certain feel to it, that appeals to me more than the other games.
Not to mention that it fitted on a single Gameboy Cartridge back in 1993. Now that's an amazing technichal feat.

#6 Posted by OGCartman (4330 posts) -

OoT imo

#7 Posted by Demilich (2648 posts) -

3D Zelda's just don't impress me as much as the quirkiness of the 2D ones.

Only exception was Wind Waker.

#8 Posted by atejas (3151 posts) -

i prefer LtTP

#9 Posted by chriskelly123 (169 posts) -

My fave Zelda is the Ocrina of time.  It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5255 posts) -

Eh, I'm partial to A Link to the Past.

#11 Posted by PeZ (140 posts) -

I hastily posted this to the non-dx version board but I have to digess DX is EVEN BETTER than the original Link's Awakening. As amaeth put it, it does have the feel that the 3D games lack. It wasn't possible for me to get OoT when it first came out, and even though I bought a copy a few years back, I have repeatedly tried getting into it and failing. It's way too slow in the beginning, and a bit too convoluted for my tastes. I've loved all the handheld ones and LttP, but the 3D ones feel like ... "you had to be there" kind of experiences.
All the GB ones need a rerelease, STAT. In glorious 2D Minish Cap style, please. I'd buy 'em. Again.

#12 Posted by Clean (2433 posts) -

Ocarina of Time is the best for me but I dig this one too

#13 Posted by dankempster (2586 posts) -

My favourite is Ocarina of Time, followed closely by A Link to the Past. I'm playing Link's Awakening right now and I'm enjoying it. Not too sure about the heavy Mario influences though (Goombas, Yoshi dolls, Chain Chomp, etc.)

#14 Posted by Teleri (149 posts) -

I must say, after playing the relatively new (2001)OoS/OoA games for GBC, going back and playing LA:DX just doesn't feel as fun as it did growing up.   Just immediately claiming that LA:DX is the best Zelda game ever made without any context to back it up doesn't exactly lend credibility to the OP.    

LA:DX hit me at a pivotal point as a kid, where the impact it had on me was immense and special, but how many of you have actually went back to replay it?  I'd say more, but I'm saving my energy for the review  :P
#15 Posted by Soapy86 (2665 posts) -

I agree. Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask always flip flop for which is my favorite. 

#16 Posted by 1337W422102 (1139 posts) -

Link's Awakening is outstanding.  Love the hell out of that game.  I had to restart it about 7 or 8 times because I kept fucking up my saved game data, but man was it worth it.  Manly tears were nearly shed at the ending.

#17 Posted by keris (179 posts) -

Yo dawg, Zelda wasn't even in Link's Awakening. 

OoT had Zelda as Sheik. Therefore, ipso facto, OoT's Zelda is the best Zelda.
#18 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -

Wind waker, oot, and LTTP are all better....

'nuff said (<- see how that's annoying??)
#19 Posted by GunslingerPanda (5029 posts) -

Wrong forum, man. You must be looking for the Ocarina of Time board.

#20 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2532 posts) -

Majora's Mask is the only real option.

#21 Posted by LiquidPrince (16462 posts) -

I'm more of a fan of Seasons and Ages.

#22 Posted by Underachiever007 (2471 posts) -

I've always preferred A Link to the Past.

#23 Posted by advocatefish (371 posts) -

Throw them dubs up! Wind Waker, dog!

But I will get this when I get a 3ds. I've never played a 2d Zelda before so maybe I'll see the magic here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.