Best Zelda ever?

#1 Posted by fryedrycestyle (230 posts) -

Am I alone in thinking that Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game there is?

#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Ummm... I still think OoT is the best.

#3 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

A Link to the Past.

#4 Posted by Aska (423 posts) -

Majora's Mask!

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Oracle of Seasons is my favorite.

#6 Posted by Chaos (95 posts) -
fryedrycestyle said:
"Am I alone in thinking that Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game there is?
"
Im with you in this being my favorite Zelda game.
#7 Posted by PeZ (108 posts) -

YES! This definately is my favourite Zelda! First one is too hard and OoT is too convoluted and slooooow and hasn't aged too well for my tastes. I think all the handhelds, even the Oracle ones, are really the best Zeldas with ALttP following. Classic.

#8 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I must say I still like OoT the best.

#9 Posted by Gaming (2 posts) -

No, I think its the best aswel.

#10 Posted by MvmntInGrn (48 posts) -

OoT is best for me, too easy though. The GBC ones (Oracle of Seasons/Ages) are close though, very good.

#11 Posted by Curfew (150 posts) -

I think OoT is still the best.

#12 Posted by psr388 (268 posts) -

ocarina is untouchable

#13 Posted by Mario_Galaxy_Fan (116 posts) -

Ocarina Of Time is is my favourite.

#14 Posted by CodeHero (134 posts) -

I will probably be in the minority because I think Windwaker is the best. I really liked that art style and I think they perfected the controls.

#15 Posted by HitNRun (344 posts) -

Link to the Past.

OoT was when Zelda JTS, IMO YR ROFL

#16 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Link's Awakening was personally my favorite so...

#17 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

OoT

#18 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Link To The Past is my favorite.  I liked Minish Cap as well, but it's basically the same.

#19 Posted by Celegus (82 posts) -

I've been thinking about this recently, and decided that Wind Waker is actually my favorite. I think I waited too long to play OoT for the first time (VIrtual Console), I didn't find it very memorable. Wind Waker fills me with happy goo just thinking about it though.

#20 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Link's Awakening is easily and without a doubt the best Zelda game I have ever played, and the only one I thoroughly enjoyed. 

A great handheld game.
#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Personally I'd probably rank Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and maybe a few other Zelda games above Link's Awakening. Still, pretty much all Zelda is good Zelda.

#22 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I like OoT and Windwaker myself.

#23 Edited by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

I'm a Wind Waker kinda guy, and OoT is a close second.... That one's great, though. You get to use the "Biggest Bomb in the World"

EDIT:  "Biggest Bomb in the World" doesn't have an object page? What the hell? lol

#24 Posted by Tiwi (1401 posts) -
@Roger_Klotz said:
" OoT is the best. It reminds me so much of my childhood. "
#25 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

I actually find myself leaning towards the CD-i games being the best... i just love their interesting take on the series...

#26 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
#27 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

This is my favorite Zelda also. The story line is so good, I'd say the second best in a Zelda game after OoT.

#28 Posted by jackgordon (52 posts) -

I really liked OoT but I might have to go with Twilight Princess 

#29 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -
@Inf225 said:
" I actually find myself leaning towards the CD-i games being the best... i just love their interesting take on the series... "

I lul'd.
#30 Posted by Heron (31 posts) -

Wind Waker isn't only the best Zelda in my opinion, it's my favourite game of all time. It's the only one where you can see courage in link's eyes and fear and pain in the enemies.

#31 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are my favourite. Timeless classics.

#32 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Yes, Link's Awakening is the best.
#33 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

Really? Link's Awakening was my least favorite Zelda, I nearly fell asleep playing it. I don't think I ever finished it, either.

#34 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I think A Link To The Past is the best. Links Awakening is the second best on my list with Ocarina in third.

#35 Posted by Khann (2787 posts) -

OoT is the only game I've ever played through over 10 times... Infact I think I've only ever finished about 5 games. 

OoT is awesome.

#36 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -

A Link to the Past was better for its time than Ocarina of Time was for its time. Currently playing Twilight Princess (about 15 hours in) and it's pretty awesome so far, but it doesn't invoke the same passion I had for ALttP and OoT. Haven't played any of the others, except the first one, which I played as a kid and didn't understand whatsoever because I didn't speak english. 

#37 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@CodeHero: Im with you on that one
#38 Posted by Gunrock (142 posts) -

Link to the past

#39 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -
@Aska: same
#40 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

A Link to the Past for me.

#41 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Ocarina

#42 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

Zelda 2 yo, probably one of the hardest games I've ever played granted i was only about 10 years old when i was playing it :).

#43 Posted by tranquilchaos (573 posts) -

I agree.

#44 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

Link's Awakening is definitely up there with LttP. What I really liked about it was how it's so different from most other Zelda games. It had a great atmosphere and was an example of "it was all a dream" done right. Also, the windfish is awesome :3

I guess my only gripe is the excessive amount of Mario references...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.