Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 27, 2000

The follow-up to Ocarina of Time sees the series stalwart Link embark on a journey to save the land of Termina from being crushed by the moon in three days. To defeat the Skull Kid, Link has to live the same three days over and over again.

This game is just so amazing, please share your experiences here!

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aska

I can't get enough...  I've just recently beaten it (again) with all items collected, all bottles, hearts, etc.  I'm going to play through it again.

I love this game so god damn much.

Onto the thread...
    Anyone wanna beat the mail-man senseless for how slow he is?  At the end of the Couple's Mask quest, when he's taking that letter, I wanted to lop his head off...
    Anyone ever do the glitch in the Milk-Bar with the Bunny Hood?  Or getting into Sakon's Hideout anytime you want?  Wearing the Fierce Deity mask anywhere using Epona and the Gorman Brothers?  I love doing that stuff.

So please, share your experiences!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

Man, I can hardly remember specifics, but I do remember loving this game just as much as OoT.

Someone really needs to make a new game with this concept again, for sure!

Dakota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dakota

I am ashamed to say that I have never played it, even though I absolutely loved OOT. One of these days I should pop my Zelda Collectors edition into my wii and experience it, albeit with some emulation problems.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Seemed extremely mediocre after Ocarina of Time,that was my experience with it.

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aska

Seriously?  Man I just don't see how OoT is a better game than this.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SSbabel

I totally agree this is my favourite zelda game by far its fukn amazing.

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TheWesman

Hey, I just got that Zelda Collector's Edition on GC so that I can finally play these games!  I had OoT but never beat it, but this disk also includes Majora's Mask, so I'm going to try it out for the first time ever!

So what makes it so much better than OoT?  Gameplay?  Puzzles?  Characters?  Give me some reasons instead of just saying it's the best!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By brukaoru
    Dakota said:
    "I am ashamed to say that I have never played it, even though I absolutely loved OOT. One of these days I should pop my Zelda Collectors edition into my wii and experience it, albeit with some emulation problems."
    Same here, loved OoT, never played Majora's Mask... Someday...
    Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zebadee

Majoras Mask is an incredible game, OOT is the better original but Majoras Mask is right behind it.
    The Legend of Zelda is definitely my favourate video game series of all time.

The time mechanics in it are just genius, it also seemed a lot darker than OOT.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zebadee
    TheWesman said:
    "Hey, I just got that Zelda Collector's Edition on GC so that I can finally play these games!  I had OoT but never beat it, but this disk also includes Majora's Mask, so I'm going to try it out for the first time ever!

So what makes it so much better than OoT?  Gameplay?  Puzzles?  Characters?  Give me some reasons instead of just saying it's the best!"
    In Majoras Mask you only have three days to complete the game, however you can go back in time. It's that basic mechanic that opens up so many possibilities for some awesome puzzles.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Bass

Adding to the above post, the characters in this game are soooo much deeper than almost any other in any Zelda game. It's been awhile since i played it, but you can actually feel involved in some of the characters lives in this game. . . it's pretty incredible.

OoT is great in its own right, but MM is a completely different experience to me.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Illmatic

I deliberately avoided looking into the sky just so I wouldn't have to look at the moon's face. It scared me pretty badly back then.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Aska said:
    "Seriously?  Man I just don't see how OoT is a better game than this."
    I enjoyed the story a lot more.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By atejas

Man, I remember loving this game so much more than OoT.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Roger_Klotz

This game was awesome. It had a different feel to OoT and the moon use to creep me out. I remember collectin all the masks and all the weird people you would meet throughout the world. I have the gold cartridge with the 3D front on it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Excellent game. It doesn't get the credit it deserves. I guess the whole timed cycle kind of frustrated a lot of people, though I thought it was interesting. Just talking about it makes me want to play it again.

Heh, as for the mailman... if I remember correctly, he was super fast in OoT and if you beat him in a race you'd get the bunny ears.

frek89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frek89

this is always my favourite zelda game, i absolutely love it, the story is so immense, and much darker than ocarina of time, the levels are solid and really make you think, i have this on the N64, and on the gamecube, and the time travel aspect really creeped me out seeing different things happen for what ever reason and the kafai sub story was in itself a really good story, and searching out every mask incresed the play leangth of the game

also its a sequel to ocarina of time... but not from adult link just child link, this really makes the time line messed up but i dont care its amazing, nice to see the skull kid you gave a mask to in ocarina as the tragic villian, i really loved this game and i think the only game close to it is twilight princess... (yes ocarina of time is my third favourite before you say anything)

uncle_andross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By uncle_andross

Not only is Majora's Mask the best Zelda game, but the best game ever. I beat it again today and it still amazes me.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Plasma

Less Epic than OoT, but the gameplay and general feel was much more complete...

Like Persona 3's epicness vs Persona 4's better story and gameplay

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By luce

MM is by far my favorite zelda game.

even when i was a kid i thought the story was leagues ahead of OoT.

heres an interesting article on the story..only people who played through it will understand it though

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-legend/the-message-of-majoras-mask/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.