How bad do YOU want a remake?

• 86 results
#51 Posted by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

Uh, yeah I made this thread like right when Giantbomb.com launched and just wanted to make A thread, and I happened to be on the Zelda page. Now that it's popped up again, I want it gone! As much as i'd love to see this game come to the small screen, i don't really want it to be RE-anything.

#52 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -
Superchris129 said:
"Uh, yeah I made this thread like right when Giantbomb.com launched and just wanted to make A thread, and I happened to be on the Zelda page. Now that it's popped up again, I want it gone! As much as i'd love to see this game come to the small screen, i don't really want it to be RE-anything."
Shut-up, I hate you go away.
#53 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

We don't need a remake of OoT.  We do however need remakes of the original Star Wars Trilogy.
PureRok said:

"If any were to be remade it should be A Link to the Past. That game would be even more awesome in 3D, considering it's the best Zelda game ever made."
A 3D Link to the Past would be really really similar to Ocarina.  They'd be more alike then most Zelda games are already alike.

I was kidding about the Star Wars remakes. Settle.
#54 Posted by LegioXIII (62 posts) -

Not at all. I don't see a reason to.

#55 Posted by Th3_James (2577 posts) -

NOT ON A CURRENT NINTENDO CONSOLE!!!!!

for next gen, i want a powerful Nintendo system with a proper controller that is good

i hope nintendo doesn't keep going down the easy side ( children and housewives)

#56 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'd probably prefer a 3D remake to a Link to the Past

#57 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
Th3_James said:
"NOT ON A CURRENT NINTENDO CONSOLE!!!!!for next gen, i want a powerful Nintendo system with a proper controller that is goodi hope nintendo doesn't keep going down the easy side ( children and housewives)"
I thought the control scheme for Twilight Princess was great, but to each his own.
#58 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Resurrected thread, but I wouldn't want a direct OOT remake at all.

How about just make a new Zelda game that is similar, yet updates both gameplay and graphics to fit modern standards, but doesn't do complete shit like making us play as a Wolf instead of Link?

#59 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

I don't like remakes of N64 games, since they usually go to the DS, and the DS isn't capable of handling the N64 games in their original graphics, so they get graphically downgraded and end up looking ugly.

Like Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing:

N64
DS

#60 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
Willy105 said:
"I don't like remakes of N64 games, since they usually go to the DS, and the DS isn't capable of handling the N64 games in their original graphics, so they get graphically downgraded and end up looking ugly.
It's not even necessarily a matter of purely graphics to me or what platform they'd port to.  Think of how small the overworld is in OOT compared to modern games, how small Kakariko village is.
#61 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I don't want a remake, I want a new one that's even better.

#62 Posted by TheHBK (5474 posts) -

This is one of those games that should not be remade because it cannot be made any better except for graphics.  And that would not make a huge difference because it was a beautiful game already.  No, thats like saying you should remake the original zelda.  Unless Nintendo really finds another gameplay formula for Zelda, this game will not be remade.

#63 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Superchris129 said:
"Uh, yeah I made this thread like right when Giantbomb.com launched and just wanted to make A thread, and I happened to be on the Zelda page. Now that it's popped up again, I want it gone! As much as i'd love to see this game come to the small screen, i don't really want it to be RE-anything."
And now you've learned the sad truth that the Giant Bomb community will never allow a thread to die, regardless of age.

Personally, I don't need a remake. I think Ocarina of Time has held up rather well for a 3D game.
#64 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
Diamond said:
"Willy105 said:
"I don't like remakes of N64 games, since they usually go to the DS, and the DS isn't capable of handling the N64 games in their original graphics, so they get graphically downgraded and end up looking ugly.
It's not even necessarily a matter of purely graphics to me or what platform they'd port to.  Think of how small the overworld is in OOT compared to modern games, how small Kakariko village is. "
Sometimes, it doesn't matter how small something is, but how it's designed. Those villages were fun to walk around in and explore and talk to people and visit houses, even though there were only 2 houses, one store, and the whole town was the size of a real world parking lot.
#65 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"whackmypinata said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"Not at all. I hate Ocarina of time."
It's cool to hate everything everyone one else likes, right?"
Nope, I've hated that game before I was even on the internet.You're supposed to like everything everyone else likes, right?"
Can't argue with that.
#66 Posted by Snail (8595 posts) -

What for?

I love it just the way it is.

#67 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Not.

Maek new plx.
#68 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I don't care, considering I didn't get to play the original.

#69 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

It's been remade again and again and again. Why would you want another?

#70 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I don't want a remake i want them to continue the twilight princess way of games.

#71 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

More Windwaker stuff.

#72 Posted by Duke (60 posts) -

Its 50/50, on one hand Ocarina is one of my top 3 games of all time but I'm well aware that it may be due to nostalgia sake so a remake might leave a bad lasting impression. Same goes for all the classics though

#73 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

No. I don't like Zelda, and I especially don't like Ocarina of Time.

#74 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Not until Nintendo release a HD console do I want to see a console remake, However, I would not say no to a portable version on the DSi.

#75 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

I would like a remake. BUT only if it is done by Nintendo's best. I'm trying to play my way through again using the GameCube port and it just isn't the same. Give the masterpiece some new life.

#76 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@atlantabrave04 said:
" I would like a remake. BUT only if it is done by Nintendo's best. I'm trying to play my way through again using the GameCube port and it just isn't the same. Give the masterpiece some new life. "
No, its not ready yet. give it another ten years, then redo it. 
#77 Edited by buzz_clik (6969 posts) -

Nope, that title did what it had to at the time. I'd rather have a new game!

#78 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"@atlantabrave04 said:
" I would like a remake. BUT only if it is done by Nintendo's best. I'm trying to play my way through again using the GameCube port and it just isn't the same. Give the masterpiece some new life. "
"

Ten years?
#79 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@atlantabrave04 said:
" @AgentJ said:
"@atlantabrave04 said:
"
Ten years? "
Yeah, i was thinking the 20th/25th anniversary. 
#80 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

Oh, well yeah I guess that'd be fitting. Good call.

#81 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Looks like one has been announced for the 3DS.

#82 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

OP strait up called it. Props.

#83 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

I'm not against the idea, but i own, or have owned this game on three different platforms. I guess it depends on what new stuff they put in.

#84 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -
@Blueman said:
" I'm not against the idea, but i own, or have owned this game on three different platforms. I guess it depends on what new stuff they put in. "
I don't think they'll feel the need to do too much with it to guarantee it's saleability, I think people would buy it even if it's just Zelda:OoT straight up with nothing new.
#85 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

I'd actually think about buying it since I've yet to play the game all the way through. Might feel too dated for me though.

#86 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

It's all nostalgia. Twilight Princess is essentially the same thing, just better. It would be very underwhelming.

#87 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Erzs said:
" @Blueman said:
" I'm not against the idea, but i own, or have owned this game on three different platforms. I guess it depends on what new stuff they put in. "
I don't think they'll feel the need to do too much with it to guarantee it's saleability, I think people would buy it even if it's just Zelda:OoT straight up with nothing new. "
I know I would!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.