Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

I hate the Water Temple

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Neorub

I hate it, that is all.
    Actually i remember a couple of my friends playing the game around the same time and I had the least amount of difficulty completing the temple. I think they got stuck overlooking a door that lies under a stone which moved only when you would change the water levels.
    Also, best sub-boss ever, Link's shadow. I thought it was awesome when you enter that room with the lone tree island. You make your way towards the island while moving along with your reflection but once you cross the island, the reflection  totally disappears. I thought that was freaking awesome. I thought he was harder then the real jelly boss thing.
    Also the room with the convertor platforms in which you have to use your hookshot, i hate that room.
    You know what, now that i think about it, it was a pretty awesome/devilishly designed temple. The entrance or the method in which you enter the temple through Lake Hylia was beauitiful in all it's 64 bit glory. If i recall correctly, you have to shhot something into the sun, pretty cool stuff. Then something happens before you finally descend into the submerged entrance of this relic.
    In Twilight Princess I was dreading my inevitable journey to a water temple of some sort thinking it would be leaps and bounds more frustrarting then the Oot original but it was pretty weak in my opinion.
    So in short, i hate it . do you hate it???

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Clean

yes probably the worst temple in the game, it was annoying and frustrating

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Ah, one of my favorite games.

I actually never made it through the water temple without the help of a guide. *Hides in shame*

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bass

The only thing that peeves me about the temple is that I believe it may be possible to use a key in the wrong spot and have to start over the game. Other than that, it was perfectly fine. A little challenge never hurt anyone.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose
    TheJollyRajah said:
    "Ah, one of my favorite games.

I actually never made it through the water temple without the help of a guide. *Hides in shame*"
    Me neither.
    taco484

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By taco484

I actually quit playing the game for several months when I got to the water temple, out of frustration!  Then when I picked up the game again, I beat the temple in one sitting... guess I just needed some time away from it or something!   

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Neorub
    TheJollyRajah said:
    "Ah, one of my favorite games.

I actually never made it through the water temple without the help of a guide. *Hides in shame*"
    Well this was in an era before i knew what the internet was (so innocent back then) so my "guide" was my group of friends and I exchanging hints and info, sometimes exagarated info. You know i finally broke down and bought a guide when i got stuck out of all places in front of the Sprit temple. I could not for the life of me figure out how to light all the tourches at the same time.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    Bass said:
    "The only thing that peeves me about the temple is that I believe it may be possible to use a key in the wrong spot and have to start over the game. Other than that, it was perfectly fine. A little challenge never hurt anyone."
    Not true, dude.

Anyway, uhh.. heh, I can appreciate the Water Temple because it's very cleverly designed, however it's also the one temple that is almost entirely a puzzle, which is why I think most people like it least. Let's face it, it was pretty hard. Not to mention you moved very slowly while wearing the iron boots, and it was easy to screw up with raising the water levels and having to start that part over from scratch, which was kind of a nuisance.
    Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Woffls

It was always the same part that threw me off, the rest of it was fine.

It was the silver key that you have to get to buy swimming under the block that lifts up in the central tower, I always forgot about that one.

bestest game everest.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DragoonKain1687

The water temple to me was a love hate situation. WE all hate the design, it was the most complicated temple in the game, but it also had what I think was one of the best battles in the game, against Shadow Link.
    I still love the temple though, the clever design was amazing XD

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Snipzor

I know, the Water Temple is pointless and frustrating. Really, I finished Braid in under a few hours, yet it took me one week without guides to get through the damn temple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.