Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

Shortage of Ocarina of Time (3ds)?

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all. I was curious if anyone knew of Ocarina of Time for 3ds being pretty rare? My local Gamestops are all out of stock, and when i check on Ebay the average price is about 65 dollars. With the recent release of Majora's Mask, i wanted to play Ocarina of Time aswell. Is this a known thing?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Get it on the eShop.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Mine was out of stock when I went to check. They said they would get more next week or something.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hey all. I was curious if anyone knew of Ocarina of Time for 3ds being pretty rare? My local Gamestops are all out of stock, and when i check on Ebay the average price is about 65 dollars. With the recent release of Majora's Mask, i wanted to play Ocarina of Time aswell. Is this a known thing?

Yes it is something to be aware of especially for something as popular as Ocarine of Time. You aren't the first person to ask this question on the forums and I probably chalk the shortage of copies of this game due to the fact that it came out nearly 4 years ago on the 3DS and the game is current offered on the 3DS eshop to the tune of about 20 bucks. It's probably more of a cost effective move for Nintendo since I'm sure it probably cost more for them to produce more cartridge copies of the game.

Tmhargreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the UK, I've struggled to find a copy of the game in my local stores but when I have it seems to be selling for about £35, the same as a new title pretty much. That being said, Zelda games rarely devalue so I don't find it to be that much of a surprise. Would be nice to get that game in my collection though!

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enragedstump said:

Yes it is something to be aware of especially for something as popular as Ocarine of Time. You aren't the first person to ask this question on the forums and I probably chalk the shortage of copies of this game due to the fact that it came out nearly 4 years ago on the 3DS and the game is current offered on the 3DS eshop to the tune of about 20 bucks. It's probably more of a cost effective move for Nintendo since I'm sure it probably cost more for them to produce more cartridge copies of the game.

Oh ok. I think I will just buy it on the eshop then. Thank you!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@i_stay_puft said:

@enragedstump said:

It's still $40.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@corevi said:

Get it on the eShop.

Yep, Yep... this is also how I bought Majoras Mask and Monster Hunter, both weren't available at either of my local game stores or the couple of GameStop's around here.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@sethphotopoulos said:

@enragedstump said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@enragedstump said:

It's still $40.

Really? I must of seen it at $20 during the month of December when they were discounting one of each first party franchise every week.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@enragedstump: I moved this to the Ocarina of Time forum. Please try to keep all discussions in their relevant forums. Thanks!

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.