Would you play this game again if you played the 3DS version?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Does the 3DS version make the original N64 Version unplayable, is there a reason to play this again if you played the 3DS version?

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5482 posts) -

The only reason would be to play the original in it's purest form.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23927 posts) -

I think it really depends. Do you think you'd be able to stomach the Water Temple again without the enhancements of the 3DS version?

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

Yes, I've done it a dozen times and I could easily do it again. I haven't played the 3DS version though, and if the only real gameplay change is a speedier trip through the water temple, I don't see what the big deal would be when playing the original.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

Do you think you'd be able to stomach the Water Temple again without the enhancements of the 3DS version?

#6 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

I think it really depends. Do you think you'd be able to stomach the Water Temple again without the enhancements of the 3DS version?

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
#7 Posted by SolracFB (28 posts) -

There's absolutely no reason to play the N64 version if you have this. I can't think of a single advantage that version has over this one.

#8 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm really thinking about dusting off my N64 to go back and play the original. I do it every few years, and it's still always a magical experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.