Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Remake Being Announced Soon?

• 86 results
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Karmum

Sure, why not, I never got to play the original game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Let me introduce you to the concept of April Fool's. On this day, people play pranks on each other. You sir, just totally fell for it. By the way, let me reiterate how retarded it would be for Nintendo to remake Ocarina of Time. It would be RETARDED. I even added emphasis for you.

You don't remake what is arguably the greatest game of all-time. A remake would do the game no justice whatsoever. It still holds up beautifully today. Giving it next-gen graphics would do far more damage than good. I don't understand the whole retarded obsession of remaking great games that are still great. They couldn't make any substantial update to it other than a graphical polish, which would just remind us all how small the game is compared to today's games. Perhaps to fill that void, they'd add new things and areas, but in truth, the odds of those additions really making the game better are unbelievably slim, and chances are that fans of the original would really not like the game to be tampered with in that way. Anyway, it's an April Fool's joke. You've been had, and so has pretty much everyone that has read and believed what you've said. It's not gonna happen, cap'n.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#53  Edited By vigorousjammer

DUDE!! >_<
    WTF?!
    NONONONONO!!!

They should be taking thier time and making a NEW Zelda game... with 1:1 sword swinging action!

Wii Motion+, baby!

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By gam3r3OOO
    Dalai said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "I call fake., I recall another Zelda related April Fools last year which was even more obvious."
    The Zelda movie, right?  That was awful.

"
    Oh man, that movie trailer was hilarious. That was over the top.
    Looked more like a Legend of Zelda movie trailer than a game.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Thunder

no they should not remake OoT. I mean dont get me wrong i loved the game but i want to see some change in the Zelda Franchise. I want to see a new, innovative things instead of the same old style they have right now.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By JJOR64
    TooWalrus said:
    "I wouldn't mind them taking their time making a good DS port. The Mario guys got their Maro 64 game out, and still made good next-gen game afterward."
    Agreed.  I wouldn't mind OoT on the go.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By breadfan

You can't remake perfection

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By gingertastic_10

no just leave it alone..why take the chance on messing it up and screwing up its legacy

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JJOR64
    Br3adfan said:
    "You can't remake perfection"
    They already did with Super Mario 64.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, that was a port, ports r k.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JJOR64
    Al3xand3r said:
    "No, that was a port, ports r k."
    I guess that's true.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Th3_James

The wii is a great console with innovative controls that enhance the gameplay and compensate for dated graphics!

APRIL FOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Al3xand3r

Th3_James is funny and makes valid points through sarcasm! APRIL FOOL'S!

He also uses unfounded rumours as an excuse to make a point. No April Fool's here, just shows how stupid some people can be >_>

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#64  Edited By Eder

I never finished OoT, so yeah, remake it. I didn't have an N64.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By vidiot

It makes sense financially. Of course it would have the pedigree of "Ocarina of Time" plastered on the product, a very easy sell. They have previously announced that a new Zelda game was in development for Wii, it could be this. Or it's not. It could be an easy bridge between the development time required for a brand new Zelda game, with a remake that would probably run on the Twilight Princess engine, low cost high return in profit.

Personally I hate the idea. The game is one of those rare games that has aged well. You've already re-released it for GameCube and Virtual Console. Nintendo should strive to make the equivilant of the next Ocarina of Time.

Then again, this is all still speculation.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#66  Edited By AgentJ
    Th3_James said:
    "The wii is a great console with innovative controls that enhance the gameplay and compensate for dated graphics!APRIL FOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Wait, so the graphics ARENT dated?
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By clubsandwich

This could be the only thing to make me buy a Wii. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove OoT, I'm just playing it right now on my PC.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JJOR64
    clubsandwich said:
    "This could be the only thing to make me buy a Wii. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove OoT, I'm just playing it right now on my PC."
    PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRATE!!!!                 lol
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By dsplayer1010

I don't think it will happen. If anything, I think it will be another "Master Quest" game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iamjohn

It's from N4G, which is a 99% guarantee that it's fake.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By clubsandwich
    JJOR64 said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    "This could be the only thing to make me buy a Wii. I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove OoT, I'm just playing it right now on my PC."
    PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRATE!!!!                 lol"
    naah, I have my N64 and the game, unfortunately, I can't play them on my TV's because I only have HDTV's and it just looks really bad on those. :(
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game still plays. It would be nice to have a remake. I would prefer a cel-shaded game, though.

It's also very likely this is a joke. EGM totally had me pre-order Twilight Princess a year and a half before it came out 'cause I thought I was getting a "realistic" remake of Wind Waker as a bonus.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By StarFoxA
    AgentJ said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    "Ocarina of Time is a game that really hasn't aged well. The graphics are outdated, the gameplay is now overdone. It would be a bad idea to remake it."
    I dont think that a remake is really a good idea, but aren't the two things you mention in your post the exact things that remakes usually fix? I mean, if they did a remake, they would most certainly update the graphics, and would probably add a few things to the game to liven it up. Again, not saying they should remake the game, but your post seems to say one thing when it means another.
    "
     A remake couldn't fix overdone gameplay, but it could fix the graphics. I wasn't saying that a remake wouldn't fix that, I was just saying that the game has not aged well at all. It was an amazing game for its time, but if it was released on the market nowadays, it would probably be regarded as a piece of crap.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AgentJ
    StarFoxA said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    "Ocarina of Time is a game that really hasn't aged well. The graphics are outdated, the gameplay is now overdone. It would be a bad idea to remake it."
    I dont think that a remake is really a good idea, but aren't the two things you mention in your post the exact things that remakes usually fix? I mean, if they did a remake, they would most certainly update the graphics, and would probably add a few things to the game to liven it up. Again, not saying they should remake the game, but your post seems to say one thing when it means another.
    "
     A remake couldn't fix overdone gameplay, but it could fix the graphics. I wasn't saying that a remake wouldn't fix that, I was just saying that the game has not aged well at all. It was an amazing game for its time, but if it was released on the market nowadays, it would probably be regarded as a piece of crap."
    I dunno, id say its aged as well as any 3D game from the N64 PS1 era. I mean, It was essentially the same game as Twilight Princess, save the graphics. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think a new OoT would be great to have, new graphics and a fully orchestrated soundtrack would be brilliant for the game many of us love, but just not now, not when the game would only look slightly better than Twilight Princess. The step up would not be big enough, not for me anyway.  The game deserves the HD treatment, and fans oif the game should not be milked with a version on Wii, not when a inevitable HD version will turn up down the line.

I would much rather see a DSi version of Ocarina. I would love to see the game in handhel form,

From my understanding there were a few cuts to the original game that could not be added if not for memory restrictions. If some of those could be put in place without upsetting purists I would like to see them in any new version, on Nintendo's next console.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AgentJ
    Linkyshinks said:
    "I think a new OoT would be great to have, new graphics and a fully orchestrated soundtrack would be brilliant for the game many of us love, but just not now, not when the game would only look slightly better than Twilight Princess. The step up would not be big enough, not for me anyway.  The game deserves the HD treatment, and fans oif the game should not be milked with a version on Wii, not when a inevitable HD version will turn up down the line.

I would much rather see a DSi version of Ocarina. I would love to see the game in handhel form,

From my understanding there were a few cuts to the original game that could not be added if not for memory restrictions. If some of those could be put in place without upsetting purists I would like to see them in any new version, on Nintendo's next console."
    This. Like I said earlier, its too soon for a remake. OOTs 20th anniversary, with the way the Wii is selling, may be near the end of the next Nintendo consoles cycle, or beginning of the Wii 3, so it could be perfect.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JJOR64
    clubsandwich said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    naah, I have my N64 and the game, unfortunately, I can't play them on my TV's because I only have HDTV's and it just looks really bad on those. :("
    Just giving you crap.  :-P   You know you can download it on the Wii VC for 1,000 points right?
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By TheJollyRajah
    StarFoxA said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    "
     A remake couldn't fix overdone gameplay, but it could fix the graphics. I wasn't saying that a remake wouldn't fix that, I was just saying that the game has not aged well at all. It was an amazing game for its time, but if it was released on the market nowadays, it would probably be regarded as a piece of crap."
    You can say that about any game. 

If Halo was released today it would be regarded as a piece of crap.

If Resdient Evil 4 was released today it would be regarded as a piece of crap.

If Super Mario 64 was released today it would be regarded as a piece of crap.

If Golden Eye was released today it would be regarded as a piece of crap.

If Big Rigs was released in 1980 it would be regarded as the best game of all time.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AgentJ

Thats all pretty true. REsident Evil 4 is still good-looking enough and modern enough in its controls to probably get a lot of good reviews, but Goldeneye wouldn't have a chance, and Mario 64 and Halo would most certainly be panned.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#80  Edited By vigorousjammer
    clubsandwich said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "clubsandwich said:
    naah, I have my N64 and the game, unfortunately, I can't play them on my TV's because I only have HDTV's and it just looks really bad on those. :("
    and it looks better on your higher-resolution monitor? that makes no sense...
    unless you have your compy hooked up to an old-skool SDTV
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BiggerBomb
    JJOR64 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    They already did with Super Mario 64."

Majora's Mask is what I consider perfection. =/
    timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By timeshero
    Guardian said:
    "Actually, OoT with Wind Waker graphics would be sweet."
    No.
    timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By timeshero
    Th3_James said:
    "The wii is a great console with innovative controls that enhance the gameplay and compensate for dated graphics!APRIL FOOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    You should change your name to be "Th3_Douche".
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JJOR64
    BiggerBomb said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    Majora's Mask is what I consider perfection. =/"
    I'm surprised they havne't done anything with this game yet.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BiggerBomb
    JJOR64 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    I'm surprised they havne't done anything with this game yet."

It's an underrated game because people are stupid!
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86  Edited By Snail
    JJOR64 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    Me too. I WANT IT ON THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE!
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AgentJ
    Snail said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    Me too. I WANT IT ON THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE!"
    Calm down, its on its way

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.