Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

A Nintendo Limited Edition That Really Is Limited

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    No Caption Provided

Nintendo of Japan has revealed it's plans for the Gold Edition of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and it appears it really will be produced in a limited run. Yes, Nintendo appears to be making a genuine Limited Edition.

Japan will see two versions of the game, just like we in the West - a Standard Edition costing 6,800 Yen, and the "25th Anniversary Pack", which includes the Gold Edition cover, Gold Wii Remote Plus and soundtrack CD, at the slightly higher cost of 8,800 Yen ($115).

No Caption Provided

Nintendo has divulged that the Gold Edition and CD will only be produced in a small run this year, with additional stock released in 2012 then donning the regular Wii packaging with slightly different artwork and standard colouration:

No Caption Provided

It's unknown whether the Gold Wii Remote Plus included in the bundle will continue to be sold, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.

The European and North American divisions of the company have yet to confirm how long the bundle will be available for, but it's very likely to come in a limited run also.

Time to get your pre-orders in and secure your Gold Edition, I say!.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I actually vastly prefer that regular wii box-art over the limited edition one...dammit.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Contro

@Sanj said:

I actually vastly prefer that regular wii box-art over the limited edition one...dammit.

I'm torn also, that's why I'll resort to stealing :)

The Western standard cover will be the same from what I can make out. A little while ago this image of the PAL Standard Edition hit the net. It looks like an unofficial mock-up to me, using official wallpaper...still, I'd be happy with it.

No Caption Provided
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BBQBram

Yeah, that regular cover looks way better. But I could use a WiiMote+...

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Julmust

I like the regular more, but I need a goddamn Motion+-controller, and it's way cheaper getting the bundle from Amazon than just buying them seperate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.