Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

"Dark twist" ending?

SleepState

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SleepState

Patrick made a comment (on the bombcast and/or maybe the quicklook) about the ending in Skyward Sword giving the series a "dark spin" or something like that, like it had a profound effect on the Zelda canon or something.

SPOILER below

Just finished it just now and I dont' quite get what he means. I guess they do imply that it's a prequel and kind of like a starting point for the entire Zelda mythology. I guess I just didn't find it especially "dark" or profound, but maybe that's just me. In general I was quite underwhelmed by this game, sadly.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

I think it's 'dark' in the sense that

There is some sort of existential depressing bullshit going on there. The implication is that Ganon is the reincarnated form of Demise and he is destined to try and totally fuck shit up for the rest of forever, which is why there is always a link and always a zelda. And always a ganon.
    SleepState

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SleepState

True, I guess that's what he is referring to. I just think that this has always been implied in the series, that it's a never-ending struggle to stave off evil forces. They made it more explicit this time though.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @punkxblaze said:

Isn't that very similar to the "twist" they had for super mario galaxy?
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By vaiz

@StaticFalconar said:

@punkxblaze said:

There is some sort of existential depressing bullshit going on there. The implication is that Ganon is the reincarnated form of Demise and he is destined to try and totally fuck shit up for the rest of forever, which is why there is always a link and always a zelda. And always a ganon.
    Isn't that very similar to the "twist" they had for super mario galaxy?

Yeah. Maybe Nintendo's just tying it 'till it works. Next, we will find our Kirby is doomed to be hungry forever!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.