Did you pick up the gold controller?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword can be bought with and without a gold Wii Mote, so did you get the game with or without it?

I ended up going without it, basically I was going to get it with the gold controller, so I set off to Tesco after work to go and get it. But they had sold out of the bundle with it, I should have waited but I had psyched myself up for playing it tonight so I couldn't wait. I'll probably eBay it later on to go with my gold Classic Controller, but hey I'm one of the few people that have a Red Wii Mote and red Nun chuck, so suck it!

#2 Posted by Fozimuth (168 posts) -

$70 is too much to be spending on one game. It looks nice and I'd like to have the integrated WM+, but I don't really buy anything at full price anymore, let alone special editions.

#3 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4860 posts) -

Yes, as I didn't have a Wii Motion-Plus accessory.

Two days later my mother came home with two WMPs that she'd picked up for £2. Not even joking. I hate life. Could have saved £18.

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Patrick said that it was cheap looking so I'm glad that I passed on getting it.

#5 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I did because I don't have WM+ and it would cost more to buy them separately.

#6 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Yeah, I needed a motion plus, so it's a great deal, and the thing looks really nice.

I don't see them being as valuable in the future as some people seem to think though.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I passed on it because it wasn't real gold, sorry.

#8 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1197 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I passed on it because it wasn't real gold, sorry.

Sorry!

#9 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

I did, needed a MotionPlus anyway and seeing as it was $20 less than buying the game and controller separately (Thanks Black Friday!), kind of a no-brainer. Controller itself is fine but that gold feels real cheap, looks spray-painted or something.

#10 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm shocked at most of you not having WMP, what have you been doing with your lives!

#11 Posted by Dalai (7074 posts) -

I have two of those MotionPlus dealies lying around so I skipped the gold controller. Tempting, but I resisted.

#12 Posted by ahgunsillyo (458 posts) -

I did, but it's most likely against my better judgment. I already have 2 Wii Remotes that each have Motion+ attachments, but I figured I might as well since it's $15-20 cheaper than a standalone Wii Remote+ and if I end up getting a WiiU, I might be using these remotes for a while. Plus, I heard that the remote bundles were a bit rare (I heard that all the GameStops in my area were shorted their expected amount by more than 10 at each location), so I went out and hunted for one the morning of since I didn't pre-order it beforehand.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I have two red WMP, a white WM+ and a normal white WM.

#14 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

Like I would simulate the Master Sword with something that doesn't have a Triforce on it.

What?

#15 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1772 posts) -

Since I didn't own a Motion Plus controller already, I decided to go with the gold bundle. The gold paint feels pretty ghetto but at least I didn't have spend more money buying a controller separately.

#16 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I'm a Zelda geek.

Ofcourse I got it.

#17 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Didn't have a motion plus controller so it seemed like the cheapest way of getting one, it looks okay though.

#18 Posted by byterunner (319 posts) -

yep, looks pretty cool also.

#19 Posted by MetalBaofu (1443 posts) -

I want to, but I can't buy anything right now. I don't have a motion plus, so I have to get one if I ever want to play the game, which is why I wanted the bundle.

#20 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

It looks very Deus Ex in the black Wii condom.

#21 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Nah gold colored anything is really tacky, unless it's real gold, but even then it's pretty easy to look tacky. All-gold is super shitty looking, gold trim could look pretty cool though.

#22 Edited by Sanaj (173 posts) -

No. I don't want more Wii motes and also I just don't like the look of the gold controller.

I have a normal black Wii mote with the motion plus add-on and another black one with motion plus built in. (The motion plus add-on is currently in a box along with the Wii mote covers.)

#23 Posted by MidgardDragon (151 posts) -

I bought the bundle so I did. I haven't taken the condom off so I have no clue what everyone's talking about with the cheap feeling, as it feels more substantial than my regular Wiimote+'s due to the added rubber for now.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

No, I didn't.

• Looks like a banana
  • Not real gold
  • I don't own a Wii
#25 Posted by Hector (3381 posts) -

I got it. Not going to use it though. Well not until my current controller stops working.

#26 Posted by theTrueIronWarrior (3 posts) -

No I like my normal controller.

#27 Posted by mac_n_nina (272 posts) -

No, but I really want one. The reason for that is because I have a motion+, but it's the attachment. I don't like the attachment, it makes the controller too big so I might get one.

#28 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Yeah, needed Motion+.
Wouldn't have otherwise.

#29 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

Nope. I had a Wii motion plus controller already, so no since of getting another.

#30 Posted by AverageGreg (121 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I'm a Zelda geek. Ofcourse I got it.

This.

#31 Posted by phish09 (1110 posts) -

I want it, but I already have two WM+'s that I never use, and i didn't think it would be worth it for just one game. Still...I might just spray a Triforce onto one of those black wiimotes anyway.

#32 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

I told myself I wouldn't buy it, but ended up going to a bunch of stores to find it on release day.

I regret nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.