Figured a new thing for Zelda timeline

#1 Edited by Moncole (636 posts) -

This has nothing to do with Skyward Sword.

Lots of people say Minish Cap is one of the first in the timeline but it cant be, It has to take place after Wind Waker. The Minish put rupees in the jars and you can still find them after WW. The great flood that made the ocean in WW should have killed all the Minish if MC took place before WW. But if it takes place after it shows the Minish survived the flood.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

You have put way too much thought into the Zelda timeline.

#3 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Your doing it wrong.

#4 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

@Prodstep said:

You have put way too much thought into the Zelda timeline.

I thought about it when I was going to sleep. It came into my mind

#5 Posted by GigaMunch (98 posts) -

@Moncole said:

This has nothing to do with Skyward Sword.

Lots of people say Minish Cap is one of the first in the timeline but it cant be, It has to take place after Wind Waker. The Minish put rupees in the jars and you can still find them after WW. The great flood that made the ocean in WW should have killed all the Minish if MC took place before WW. But if it takes place after it shows the Minish survived the flood.

What do you think?

Then it took place after....

It's not impossible that they survived.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Oh man...

#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

They actually tried to make some sense at the end of SS about the timeline. I dunno? why does it matter? The games are not continuous, I see it as a new Final Fantasy each new game.

#8 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

I had always just figured that every Zelda game either occured in an alternate universe or that there were multiple incarnations of Link, Ganon, and Zelda that kept repeating their struggles over and over. Mystical items like the Triforce, Master Sword, and so forth were like temporal anchors that loosely tied each separate plain of existence together in some way. In fact, the only game that I would consider as a direct sequel would be Majora's Mask which seemed to feature the same child Link from Ocarina of Time, but whatevs. Plus, the new right-handed Link has to be some sort of imposter. Link was always ambidextrous like his creator, Shigeru Miyamoto until OOT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.