Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Miyamoto Interview on Zelda

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Ok, so, every website out there has taken the bits and pieces they liked, twisted them to their liking, and posted them, but here are some actual quotes from Nintendo Power that I find very positive and exciting, if not entirely new.

NP: We've heard from a lot of people who are under the impression that the next console Zelda game is going to be something radically different from what we've seen in the past. Is that the case?

Miyamoto: No, I don't think it's going to be that radically different. Accessible gameplay. Something that we're going to look at focusing within that 3-D realm is really highlighting the things that are important within the Zelda franchise--the actions that Link can take. I think it's easy to maybe overthink it because you're in that 3-D realm of all the different things you should be doing or try to be doing, and really what's important to understand is what's available to you, and just focus down on what's best suited for that rather than just trying to implement a whole bunch of different things.

NP: The artwork that you showed fort he upcoming Wii Zelda title seemed a lot like the art for Twilight Princess. Are you going to carry over Twilight Princess' art style?

Miyamoto: I don't think it's going to change dramatically. We are doing it on the Wii [console]. That being said, we can look at Twilight Princess--it was built to run on both GameCube and Wii, and this one will be running only on Wii, so I think there will be differences inherent to the fact that it's only on this platform.

NP: And, of course, everyone wants to know exactly who that female character is in the illustration.

Miyamoto: Yeah, that's probably the most important part of that artwork. I really can't talk too much about [it]; one thing that's important to note in that artwork, though, is that Link is carrying a shield, but that's all he's carrying.

NP: Now, before you showed the image, you talked about wanting everybody to have unique, personal memories of their adventures in Hyrule. Is that something you're actually trying to implement in the game--a personalized Zelda experience for every player?

Miyamoto: Every person's own individual experiences with the game should beunique and [be] their own sort of "My Zelda" experience, and I think that's superimportant, and we have to look at that when we're creating dungeons and how we can make that come true. So spending a lot of time concentrating our efforts in that area. But it's not going to become individual: "Hi, I'm this Zelda!" or "I'm this Zelda!" or "I'm this Link!" or whatever. The experience will be unique but within this world that we've defined.

...Especially the last answer is intriguing and shows that what to Miyamoto isn't "that radically different" can actually change the franchise quite a bit. I also like first answer, and of course he once again hints at the girl being the sword and/or other weapons of Link...
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I can't wait till we see some footage for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.