Not a good presentation, but I know why.

Posted by SuperIntendentChalmers (102 posts) -
Edit (I had this posted but GB F-uped and didn't add my whole paragraph explain what was going on)... 

The presentation for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is probably going to be one of the most talked portion of Nintendo's press conference. For anyone who didn't understand what was wrong it was probably all the lights and camera infrared screwing up the controls. Not to mention the load of wireless equipment in the surrounding area which adds to the factors. Like usual the 12 year old (or just plain internet ass) will bash them for the poor presentation.   Just remember when people normally play this, it won't be in a room filled with lights and cameras pointing at you.

Anyways, I'm curious to see how it works. I'll wait for GB to do their hands-on impressions. 
#1 Posted by SuperIntendentChalmers (102 posts) -
Edit (I had this posted but GB F-uped and didn't add my whole paragraph explain what was going on)... 

The presentation for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is probably going to be one of the most talked portion of Nintendo's press conference. For anyone who didn't understand what was wrong it was probably all the lights and camera infrared screwing up the controls. Not to mention the load of wireless equipment in the surrounding area which adds to the factors. Like usual the 12 year old (or just plain internet ass) will bash them for the poor presentation.   Just remember when people normally play this, it won't be in a room filled with lights and cameras pointing at you.

Anyways, I'm curious to see how it works. I'll wait for GB to do their hands-on impressions. 
#2 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@tunaburn: hey thats my image! XP 

#4 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -
@SuperIntendentChalmers: Video of other dudes playing it afterwards are much better. The controls actually work!
#5 Posted by toast_burner (453 posts) -

It was the lights interfering with the pointer

#6 Posted by masterpaperlink (1841 posts) -
@toast_burner said:
" It was the lights interfering with the pointer "
He never used the IR pointer, i think it was something else interfering with the actual wireless connection with the wii.
#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@jadeskye: It's mine now! 

#8 Posted by SuperIntendentChalmers (102 posts) -
@toast_burner: i wrote that but aparently GB blog did add my first paragraph, explaining how i know.
#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@SuperIntendentChalmers said:
" @toast_burner: i wrote that but aparently GB blog did add my first paragraph, explaining how i know. "
o rly? 

Go ahead then, explain. 
#10 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -
@jadeskye: @JJWeatherman:   how dare the two of you steal my image!
#11 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @jadeskye: It's mine now! 

"
@tunaburn said:
" @jadeskye: @JJWeatherman:   how dare the two of you steal my image! "
Why are we posting pictures of BiffMcBlumpkin sunbathing in a cooking pot.
#12 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -
@punkxblaze:   haha cuz the story was so cool brah
#13 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

One more for good measure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.