Should i get a Wii to play this game.

#1 Posted by gerp (189 posts) -

Never really had a interest in very many Wii games so i never bought one, but this looks pretty fucking good.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Each video I see of the game the more I am tempted to pick up a new one. I now have lots of room in my room so I can easily "SIT" in my chair wile I play. 

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19154 posts) -

I owned one before, but this game and the new Rhythm Heaven are tempting me to get a Wii once more. They're cheap now, so it wouldn't be too bad a purchase.

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

I guess? If you're going to get one make sure it has gamecube backwards compatibility otherwise I would just wait for the Wii U.

#5 Posted by BisonHero (5661 posts) -

I think the game is definitely worth playing. But if it's literally the only Wii game you've ever had any interest in, past, present, or future, you may as well just try to track down a casual gamer aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent/friend of the family/friend who probably only ever used their Wii for Wii Sports in the first place, and just ask if you could borrow their Wii for a month or two.

#6 Posted by JackSukeru (5816 posts) -

I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy a console for just one game, especially if said game hasn't even come out yet. I'd wager that the WiiU will have backwards compability so if you're gonna own a Nintendo console you might just as well get one with a bit of longevity.

Unless, of course, it will litterary be the only game you play on it, in which case picking up a cheap or preowned Wii might work I guess. If you're seriously considering getting one what you should instead do is list your interests and ask for a list of other games worth your time on the Wii.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11262 posts) -

You could buy the game and use Dolphin.

#8 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Sup dawg do you like Zelda? Then go for it. Never played Zelda before? Then go for it.

#9 Posted by Hzaife (160 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Cheers for the link

#10 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

Yea, get an old one though, it would be pointless getting one of the new models. Get the Limited Edition Pack so you don't have to fork out so much for Wii Motion Plus:

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I say go for it, I'm sure there's other good games you missed out on for Wii or perhaps even Gamecube.

#12 Posted by Super_Yosh_64 (126 posts) -

idk i would probably do it but im not everyone else and dont really care about spending money

if you do decide to get the wii to play this game just go on craigslist or ebay and find one for pretty cheap since the wii u is coming out soon or if you're like me and hate buying used then buy a new one however dont get one of the new bundles since it lacks backwards compatibility and some other stuff also if you plan on getting wii u all the accessories will be compatible with it

#13 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

No one should get any console for a single game.

#14 Posted by Galiant (2163 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

No one should get any console for a single game.

I'd have to agree with this.

#15 Posted by Sjosz (482 posts) -

Well, you could opt to not get a Wii to play this, but since it's a Wii exclusive, I wish you good luck playing it without one.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

Or you could not buy the game and use Dolphin- Nintendo's not gonna kick in your fucking door.
#17 Edited by awadnin (275 posts) -
#18 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Go for it.

I'm sure you'll find some other games you like after you're done with SS anyway.

#19 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I second awadin's comment, buy both Galaxy's and other quality Wii games down the line.

#20 Posted by BUCK3TM4N (549 posts) -

YES, or at least borrow one for a freind

#21 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

Having been a long time Wii owner before I finally got a 360, I can actually make a few recommendations.

No More Heroes

Godfather Blackhand Edition(No seriously. It's one of the games where the motion controls actually complement the game. Throwing a dude through a window, into an oven, or choking them is pretty fun)

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Punch Out

Mariokart

Any Trauma Center game

Kirby's Epic Yarn

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.