Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Syward Sword final impressions

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By xyzygy

I beat it.

This is one long ass game. The good kind of long.

Upon the game's release I was so excited to read reviews and watch footage of the game. I felt like a kid again, back when I was 10 and waitied patiently for Ocarina. Or 12 and waited for MM. Or 14 for WW.... or 17 for TP... you get the idea. I'm a huge Zelda fanatic so this was big for me.

The game is fucking masterful, phenomenal, mesmerizing, breathtaking, beautiful... I really can't say enough about it. I will admit I was a little worried about the game's length, at first they only tell me there are three temples and my inventory screen doesn't include much more "slots" for each temple's quest item but what is later revealed is

that more dungeons open up and the reward for them is an improved sword and ability after each one!

The gameplay was spot on, the best fighting in the franchise. This game makes me a believer in motion controls. It's so refreshing to play this game after playing a button only game.

Now onto what I loved most about the game the most.

THE GODDAM STORY.

This game is so old school it's actually baffling. It reminded me so much of LTTP. There was no weird plot like those included in TP, MM, WW or the sort (not saying theyr'e bad games - they're awesome - but you can't deny they had semi convoluted plots). It is the very first (so far) game of all the Zelda timeline and it's really nice to see how things became they way they are. Ghirahim's purpose, the primary antagonist, Zelda, the Goddess, the surface world, Link, the Goddess Sword, the Triforce... everything seems to fall into place so nicely and how it all relates to the series is really something that I appreciate that Nintendo did with the game.

I actually shed a few tears at the end.

Overall, I can happily say that this is my favorite Zelda game. I've had time to think about it and while I was previously swinging back and forth between Wind Waker and Link to the Past, Skyward Sword just hits a switch in me that I didn't know was there. I started the game over in Hero mode and I'm going to give it some more time before I jump into it again, but it really left me with some beautiful lasting imagery. Nintendo is going to be hard pressed to top this beauty of a game. I don't understand why this game gets negative feedback, but that's just me. Gamespot's 7.5 review is appalling. I don't let reviews sway me, I was just worried from their review that I'd be disappointed - I mean what Zelda game gets a score that low? Just more reason to not listen to reviews I guess!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I beat it.

This is one long ass game. The good kind of long.

Upon the game's release I was so excited to read reviews and watch footage of the game. I felt like a kid again, back when I was 10 and waitied patiently for Ocarina. Or 12 and waited for MM. Or 14 for WW.... or 17 for TP... you get the idea. I'm a huge Zelda fanatic so this was big for me.

The game is fucking masterful, phenomenal, mesmerizing, breathtaking, beautiful... I really can't say enough about it. I will admit I was a little worried about the game's length, at first they only tell me there are three temples and my inventory screen doesn't include much more "slots" for each temple's quest item but what is later revealed is

that more dungeons open up and the reward for them is an improved sword and ability after each one!

The gameplay was spot on, the best fighting in the franchise. This game makes me a believer in motion controls. It's so refreshing to play this game after playing a button only game.

Now onto what I loved most about the game the most.

THE GODDAM STORY.

This game is so old school it's actually baffling. It reminded me so much of LTTP. There was no weird plot like those included in TP, MM, WW or the sort (not saying theyr'e bad games - they're awesome - but you can't deny they had semi convoluted plots). It is the very first (so far) game of all the Zelda timeline and it's really nice to see how things became they way they are. Ghirahim's purpose, the primary antagonist, Zelda, the Goddess, the surface world, Link, the Goddess Sword, the Triforce... everything seems to fall into place so nicely and how it all relates to the series is really something that I appreciate that Nintendo did with the game.

I actually shed a few tears at the end.

Overall, I can happily say that this is my favorite Zelda game. I've had time to think about it and while I was previously swinging back and forth between Wind Waker and Link to the Past, Skyward Sword just hits a switch in me that I didn't know was there. I started the game over in Hero mode and I'm going to give it some more time before I jump into it again, but it really left me with some beautiful lasting imagery. Nintendo is going to be hard pressed to top this beauty of a game. I don't understand why this game gets negative feedback, but that's just me. Gamespot's 7.5 review is appalling. I don't let reviews sway me, I was just worried from their review that I'd be disappointed - I mean what Zelda game gets a score that low? Just more reason to not listen to reviews I guess!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.