Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Will Nintendo print new copies of the game that are FIXED?

bobsully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobsully

The game breaking glitch that got passed Nintendo is unfortunate and I still haven't bought Skyward Sword yet. I am not sure if I should wait for Nintendo to print new fixed copies of the game(have they, or announced that they will?) or if I should wait for an inevitable HD re-release on the Wii-U, which I would be shocked if Nintendo didn't release an HD version on launch day or launch window.

johnwaynegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnwaynegacy

I'm pretty sure that there already is a patch for that. (Yes, downloadable patch on Wii.)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

The game-breaking thing is super easy to avoid. Don't worry about it. Just play the game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@johnwaynegacy said:

I'm pretty sure that there already is a patch for that. (Yes, downloadable patch on Wii.)

I wouldn't call it a patch, but yes, there is a piece of software you can manually download from the Wii Shop Channel that will resolve the glitch.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @BisonHero

@johnwaynegacy said:

I wouldn't call it a patch, but yes, there is a piece of software you can manually download from the Wii Shop Channel that will resolve the glitch.

And the glitch is easy to avoid, anyway.
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@Hailinel: Easy to avoid if you know what to expect, but for unsuspecting players who don't follow gaming news, there's a 33% chance the glitch will affect them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@johnwaynegacy said:

Yea, the Wii's online features can be a bit weird. Why is the Brawl modding community better than the online play? (And how does Brawl even have a modding community?) Oh, and there's a channel that will fix your saves or whatever.

bobsully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bobsully

I am aware that there is a channel to fix saves, but I was wondering if Nintendo decided to print fixed new copies of the game after the fact.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strainedeyes
    @BobSully

I am aware that there is a channel to fix saves, but I was wondering if Nintendo decided to print fixed new copies of the game after the fact.

They might in newer runs, but it's not like the box would say "Now with fixed glitch!" on it, so you probably wouldn't be able to seek one out anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.