Will Nintendo print new copies of the game that are FIXED?

#1 Edited by BobSully (26 posts) -

The game breaking glitch that got passed Nintendo is unfortunate and I still haven't bought Skyward Sword yet. I am not sure if I should wait for Nintendo to print new fixed copies of the game(have they, or announced that they will?) or if I should wait for an inevitable HD re-release on the Wii-U, which I would be shocked if Nintendo didn't release an HD version on launch day or launch window.

#2 Posted by johnwaynegacy (22 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that there already is a patch for that. (Yes, downloadable patch on Wii.)

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

The game-breaking thing is super easy to avoid. Don't worry about it. Just play the game.

#4 Posted by BisonHero (5671 posts) -

@johnwaynegacy said:

I'm pretty sure that there already is a patch for that. (Yes, downloadable patch on Wii.)

I wouldn't call it a patch, but yes, there is a piece of software you can manually download from the Wii Shop Channel that will resolve the glitch.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -
@BisonHero

@johnwaynegacy said:

I wouldn't call it a patch, but yes, there is a piece of software you can manually download from the Wii Shop Channel that will resolve the glitch.

And the glitch is easy to avoid, anyway.
#6 Posted by BisonHero (5671 posts) -

@Hailinel: Easy to avoid if you know what to expect, but for unsuspecting players who don't follow gaming news, there's a 33% chance the glitch will affect them.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

@johnwaynegacy said:

Yea, the Wii's online features can be a bit weird. Why is the Brawl modding community better than the online play? (And how does Brawl even have a modding community?) Oh, and there's a channel that will fix your saves or whatever.

#8 Posted by BobSully (26 posts) -

I am aware that there is a channel to fix saves, but I was wondering if Nintendo decided to print fixed new copies of the game after the fact.

#9 Posted by StrainedEyes (1310 posts) -
@BobSully

I am aware that there is a channel to fix saves, but I was wondering if Nintendo decided to print fixed new copies of the game after the fact.

They might in newer runs, but it's not like the box would say "Now with fixed glitch!" on it, so you probably wouldn't be able to seek one out anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.