Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Zelda Wii - Motion Plus Only

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

In an interview with Famitsu Magazine, Nintendo's Zelda Team producer Eiji Aonuma says he hopes to have the Wii game in a playable form at E3 2010, with all its core elements firmly in place.

"I'd like to show something playable"

Aonuma-san hinted that the game could reach the Wii owners pretty soon. He told the magazine he's pushing the Zelda team very hard because of the high level of fan anticipation and expectations surrounding this Zelda game. When the magazine pressed him on when exactly, he replied with:  

"We'll work hard in order to get you playing it as soon as possible."

It also appears development of the game is progressing well:  

"We've progressed in development since last year"  - "At present, the core areas have come into clear view."

Wii Motion Plus will feature very heavily in the new Zelda game. Aonuma said that it will be Wii Motion Plus exclusive.  

"After actually making it compatible" - "it just feels so natural. Link's sword and the controller that you're holding become one."

Asked if there will be gameplay that emphasizes the ability to freely swing your sword, Aonuma responded with:  

"Of course!"  

He also hinted that the way you fight enemies could be the key to solving puzzles in the game.

Thanks to Famitsu.com
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

Looking foreward to E3. I really hope that theyll show of the fishing, doubt it but I will be glaring at footage of it for days if they do.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

I feel like Nintendo are going to kill it this E3. I really, really believe that.

The Wii was initially so front-loaded with great franchises, I feel like that's coming around again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

That god I have a motion plus now.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

If Motion Plus is going to be mandatory, they'd better pack it in with the game. I don't find the idea of paying a bunch of additional money just to make the game playable particularly appealing.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho

Wait wait. So normal motion control won't work, you need motion plus. Fine okay. But can you also use classic controller? 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This is good news. While I don't have Motion Plus, I think this is definitely the right move for Zelda. I do find it doubtful that they'll pack it in with the game, just because well... most people will buy Wii Sports Resort to get the Motion Plus just for Zelda. I probably would.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

I really like a good Zelda game... I'm going to be annoyed I won't be able to play it. It's going to be one of those games I play 5 years after it comes out when I find a Wii somewhere for £20.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThomasP

No complaints here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.