Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 07, 2009

Set 100 years after the events of The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks introduces a new Hyrule where technology has advanced to the steam age, and an evil force, long-sealed in a tower, has been freed.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks Trailer (Video)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

Solid trailer.  Now I just want to know the story.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Wow that looks sucky....I want a twilight princess type game why would they go back to the kiddy looking link? up next! Link baseball!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

That looks fantastic! The train parts at least. The other parts look too much like Phantom Hourglass.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Oni

Phantom Hourglass was far too easy and dull, this looks pretty much the same, with a new gimmick to replace the boat. I'll be over here, waiting for the next proper Zelda, but I have no doubt that the next Wii Zelda will be a dumbed-down game made for the Wii's more casual audience, as well. Le sigh.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

Nintendo announced last E3 that they're taking much of the focus off of their hardcore fanbase so they can focus on the casual players.

Fucking casual players. This is the reason I seldom play my Wii anymore. I can only hope Shiggy is planning/creating something awe inspiring to unveil at E3.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's nice to see the DS still has some solid games for me to play, I have not play my DS in at least 6 months, but GTA: Chinatown Wars is about to change that.

J4S0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By J4S0N

Spirit Tracks...  Uhh...  No?

I've been a long time Zelda fan ever since the original, but I think Twilight Princess may be my last one.  I'm convinced that they have milked the series dry and simply can't make another "proper" Zelda game.
    Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Knives
    J4S0N said:
    "Spirit Tracks...  Uhh...  No?

I've been a long time Zelda fan ever since the original, but I think Twilight Princess may be my last one.  I'm convinced that they have milked the series dry and simply can't make another "proper" Zelda game.
    "
    Phantom Hourglass was more "proper" than Twilight Princess ever was. How is this milking?
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dsplayer1010

That was surprising

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r
    vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vaultboy
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Why make new threads and not keep discussion focused where people started it :S "
    Because unless you go searching for the thread under Legend of Zelda Franchise, you'll never know it was there.  GB needs a means for threads to show in multiple forums.  You shouldn't have to go hunting to find the appropriate place to discuss the game and the trailer.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

The Zelda franchise forum wasn't really the appropriate place to put that thread anyway.  It belonged in the game forum.  Eventually we'll get the tools to move threads to where they belong.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

If you just move it to the game forum then how is it easier to find than in the main zelda forum? All the popular boards are the platform forums and some very popular game forums. You need to make a single thread show up in the multiple corresponding categories to avoid repetition, not to just move them somewhere else in even less popular forums where only some hardcore fan already interested in it would seek it out... Ie, this thread could show up both here, in the zelda forum, in the DS forum, in the Nintendo forum, etc. There's a reason the DS forum has so little posts despite being this gen's most popular platform, and that's cos people can't bother looking for it in this silly browsing, popular, whatever system...

I guess categories could be like filters, so Nintendo encompasses any and all related things, going one step down to Wii would only encompass Wii related threads, DS only DS threads, etc, but in a sense it's all in the same place and you just chose what to display with filters. Like the main forums page is completely without filters and just shows all posts regardless rather than be some particular category.

@Vaultboy, it was constantly on the main forum first page when this duplicate was created and I asked that.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By AngeTheDude

Hey, it looks like a fun DS Zelda game. I don't see why there are so many complaints. So what if it's cel-shaded kiddy Link? It's easier to render on DS hardware.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By RichardLOlson
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Wow that looks sucky....I want a twilight princess type game why would they go back to the kiddy looking link? up next! Link baseball!"
    Wow that does look sucky....I just wish they would stop using the kiddy looking link and continue with the more adult link.  These are the types of games that gamers want.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Willy105
    AngeTheDude said:
    "Hey, it looks like a fun DS Zelda game. I don't see why there are so many complaints. So what if it's cel-shaded kiddy Link? It's easier to render on DS hardware."
    Actually, having a game cel-shaded is a very impressive technical trick on that hardware. It would be a lot easier if it was like the N64 games.
    Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Kinarion
    RichardLOlson said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Wow that looks sucky....I want a twilight princess type game why would they go back to the kiddy looking link? up next! Link baseball!"
    Wow that does look sucky....I just wish they would stop using the kiddy looking link and continue with the more adult link.  These are the types of games that gamers want."
    Wow, no.  Or at least, speak for yourself.  I'll freely admit to not having played Phantom Hourglass, but to write off "kiddy looking link" as unwanted by gamers is obtuse.  I loved Windwaker and found it far more engrossing and innovative than Twilight Princess. 

I honestly hope you're taking issue with the graphics, because the gameplay was incredible.  If that's the case, I figured I'd give you a list of some games with mature and interesting gameplay despite a cartoon veneer.

XIII
    Street Fighter IV
    GTA:CW
    Afro Samurai
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Jet Grind Radio

Seriously, if the graphics have been preventing from trying these games, get over it.  You'll be grateful you did.
    FunkiesFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FunkiesFox

*yip*

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By halberdierv2

i hope this game is better than phantom hourglass... that wasn't so hot...

GT did a good summary of the trailer here.
    BigShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BigShot

I loved Phantom Hourglass, so it looks like I will love this too. Who cares if PH wasn't that difficult? It still had some mind-boggeling puzzles, which is really what Zelda is and always was about. I give props to Nintendo. I would like to see a bigger Zelda game like Wind Waker on the Wii. Twilight Princess was rad, but I like the Wind Waker universe way more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.