Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Dec 13, 2002

The first entry in the Zelda franchise for the GameCube, sporting a distinctive cel-shaded graphics style. It built upon the mechanics of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, and its oceanic setting emphasized exploration.

[Insert Spoiler Warning here] Best moment in any game ever!

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero
    I gotta say that The Wind Waker had one of the greatest moments in a video game I have ever played.
    The moment where you can enter the portal that takes you to the old hyrule.  Geh!  I can't describe it.  But it was amazing!  Anyone who has played it knows what I am talking about.  *drool*

What do you think of this amazing moment?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I finished the game a long time ago... I really don't remember it, so that means it wasn't that awesome and remarkable...

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By timeshero
    Snail said:
    "I finished the game a long time ago... I really don't remember it, so that means it wasn't that awesome and remarkable..."

I finished it a long time ago too.  And It made a MAJOR impact on me.  Enough of an impact that it has left a lasting impression.
    And just because it wasn't awesome and remarkable to you does not mean that it wasn't to someone else.  Therefore your statement is not valid.  If you had decided to post your opinion, instead of trying to derail mine, you might have had something.
    pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By pyromaniac

I loved the plot twist in KOTOR 1...first when you found out the lead character was actually Revan and then later on when you found out that HK-47 was actually Revan's assassin robot...in my mind the best game ever made...period!!!

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Systech

I actually don't remember that part in Wind Waker, but it's been a long time since I played it, but I played OoT when I was really young and my mind was blown when I found out that Zelda was Sheik.

Avatar image for twilit_igniter42
    Twilit_Igniter42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Twilit_Igniter42
    TimesHero said:
    "
    I gotta say that The Wind Waker had one of the greatest moments in a video game ever.
    The moment where you can enter the portal that takes you to the old hyrule.  Geh!  I can't describe it.  But it was amazing!  Anyone who has played it knows what I am talking about.  *drool*
    "
    Right on, man, right on!  One of my gauges of denoting great video game moments are ones that make me involuntarily say stuff out loud, and this part made me say "Holy SHIT!!!  NO WAY!!!"  So, absolutely a brilliant moment of gaming in my opinion.

Some of my other most memorable video game moments that I can think off the top of my head are:

Dark Link fight in Ocarina of Time in that hazy room with the dead tree in middle.  Oh man, that was great!

Endless Staircase in Mario 64.  Even though it explicitly said it was endless, I of course ran up them anyway.  After about 20 seconds, I realized that they were in fact, not going to end.  When I turned around, I was expecting to have to walk back down 20 seconds worth of stairs, but was pleasantly shocked to see I was only a few steps up!  That was cool.

Stal-Lord fight in Twilight Princess.  Did anyone else, upon entering the boss room and seeing that huge, menacing skull laying there in the sand, say "Aw, crap..."

Ascent in Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess.  I absolutely love how each level higher of the castle you go, the music become more threatening, slowly changing from the Hyrule Castle theme to the Theme of Ganon.  Couple that with the black sky and the lightning and thunder.  Wow, perfect build-up!  God damn I love this game!!!

Bowser's Clown Car in Super Mario World.  I may be dating myself here, but go back to 1991.  The transition from 8-bit to 16-bit was pretty new.  There wasn't a whole lot of "3D" stuff.  But in the boss fight with Bowser in SMW, when Bowser retreats and then the Clown Car then flies right into the camera, my 12-year old jaw hit the floor.  Never saw anything like that up until that point.  I thought it was amazing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  If I think of any more, I'll add them :)
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By sionweeks

Definitely agree with the Wind Waker one.

For me it has to be playing International Superstar Soccer 64 with my Uncle when I was quite young, like 10 or something.  We were Czech Republic (I think) And we came back from like 4 - 0  to beat Japan on the hardest difficulty on penalties. Either that or being in goal and just rolling the ball out to the opposition's Attacker as my Uncle practically had a fit of laughter and anger against me.

GOOD TIMES!

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By timeshero
    Twilit_Igniter42 said:
    "TimesHero said:
    "
    I gotta say that The Wind Waker had one of the greatest moments in a video game ever.
    "
    Right on, man, right on!  One of my gauges of denoting great video game moments are ones that make me involuntarily say stuff out loud, and this part made me say "Holy SHIT!!!  NO WAY!!!"  So, absolutely a brilliant moment of gaming in my opinion.

Some of my other most memorable video game moments that I can think off the top of my head are:

Dark Link fight in Ocarina of Time in that hazy room with the dead tree in middle.  Oh man, that was great!

Endless Staircase in Mario 64.  Even though it explicitly said it was endless, I of course ran up them anyway.  After about 20 seconds, I realized that they were in fact, not going to end.  When I turned around, I was expecting to have to walk back down 20 seconds worth of stairs, but was pleasantly shocked to see I was only a few steps up!  That was cool.

Stal-Lord fight in Twilight Princess.  Did anyone else, upon entering the boss room and seeing that huge, menacing skull laying there in the sand, say "Aw, crap..."

Ascent in Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess.  I absolutely love how each level higher of the castle you go, the music become more threatening, slowly changing from the Hyrule Castle theme to the Theme of Ganon.  Couple that with the black sky and the lightning and thunder.  Wow, perfect build-up!  God damn I love this game!!!

Bowser's Clown Car in Super Mario World.  I may be dating myself here, but go back to 1991.  The transition from 8-bit to 16-bit was pretty new.  There wasn't a whole lot of "3D" stuff.  But in the boss fight with Bowser in SMW, when Bowser retreats and then the Clown Car then flies right into the camera, my 12-year old jaw hit the floor.  Never saw anything like that up until that point.  I thought it was amazing.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  If I think of any more, I'll add them :)"

You just worded it perfectly.  For all of them...  Well, I never played SMW that in depth, so I don't really remember it.  But I totally agree with the Stal-Lord fight... I saw the skull and was like ".................................................................... shit................................................................."

That is totally one of my "great videogame" guages too... at that point in Wind Waker, I was like "Oh. My. GOD!"

In OoT, my favorite part was the ending... after defeating Gannondorf, and escaping the castle.  And I said "Its over... that was one of the greates.............. what the hell was tha- OH MY FACCJKKSJD IHSAGKFDJHASDH!"
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail
    TimesHero said:
    "
    Snail said:
    "I finished the game a long time ago... I really don't remember it, so that means it wasn't that awesome and remarkable..."

I finished it a long time ago too.  And It made a MAJOR impact on me.  Enough of an impact that it has left a lasting impression.
    And just because it wasn't awesome and remarkable to you does not mean that it wasn't to someone else.  Therefore your statement is not valid.  If you had decided to post your opinion, instead of trying to derail mine, you might have had something.
    "
    Just because it's remarkable to you it doesn't mean it was remarkable to someone else. Your argument works both ways.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Best moment in any game ever to you, but don't make it sound like it just is and that's it, because I could care a less about it.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By timeshero
    pause422 said:
    "Best moment in any game ever to you, but don't make it sound like it just is and that's it, because I could care a less about it."

Snail said:
    "TimesHero said:
    "
    Snail said:

"
    Just because it's remarkable to you it doesn't mean it was remarkable to someone else. Your argument works both ways."

If neither of you give a shit about it, why the fuck do you even bother posting in the fucking forum?
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, it was cool going back to Hyrule like that, though I definitely wouldn't call it the best moment in any game ever. I think it's definitely one of the best Zelda moments, however.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.