Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

Beginner in this series.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

I have this game for wii, and have yet to start it. I have a n64, and may have access to some zelda games on it. Would you recommend I go and get those zelda games and play them, or would I be ok story wise if I didnt.

Ive just head so many good things about the whole story, and I don't want to miss out by playing the games in the wrong order.

So which order would you recommend, or does it even matter? 
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas

the story is fairly irrelevant in zelda games(atleast, continuity-wise), so, nah.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

The story changes in every Zelda game, but I would just recommend that you play Ocarina of Time, because it's the best one IMO.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bass

If you can, get your hands on Ocarina of Time. If you can't though, Twilight Princess is a fine place to start playing the series.

Welcome to a rather large fan base.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite

The stories aren't really connected, so you should be fine

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Player1

Ok well ocarnia of time is the one that ill probably be able to get. So thats good news. Thanks guys

Avatar image for twilit_igniter42
    Twilit_Igniter42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Twilit_Igniter42

At bare minimum, I think you should play Ocarina of Time before Twilight Princess.  Twilight Princess (like Wind Waker) make several references to Ocarina of Time.  Are they earth-shattering references where you'll be clueless if you haven't played Ocarina of Time?  No.  But I think it would help you connect the Zelda game series a little bit.

Having said that...

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda - one Nintendo's flagship series and gaming franchise juggernaut!  I personally love the series.  Great characters, stories, action, puzzles.  It has it all.  Since you're new to the series, I would say to get the most out of the series, start from A Link to the Past and work your way forward.  All the games are classics and great games, though the older ones are dated.  Each deserves a run though :)

Shadowsun9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Shadowsun9

You don't NEED to play any, but some things in TP are slightly liked to Ocarina. It just makes you go ooooh... sometimes when you see something. The locations in both games are pretty similar as well: Lake Hylia, Death Mountain etc. But you should play OoT anyway just 'cause it rules!!!

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Player1
    Twilit_Igniter42 said:
    "At bare minimum, I think you should play Ocarina of Time before Twilight Princess.  Twilight Princess (like Wind Waker) make several references to Ocarina of Time.  Are they earth-shattering references where you'll be clueless if you haven't played Ocarina of Time?  No.  But I think it would help you connect the Zelda game series a little bit.

Having said that...

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda - one Nintendo's flagship series and gaming franchise juggernaut!  I personally love the series.  Great characters, stories, action, puzzles.  It has it all.  Since you're new to the series, I would say to get the most out of the series, start from A Link to the Past and work your way forward.  All the games are classics and great games, though the older ones are dated.  Each deserves a run though :)
    "
    Don't worry. Im eventually going to play all of them. Don't worry. Thanks for the info

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it doesnt matter. they story is the same in them all.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By timeshero
    Champy said:
    "it doesnt matter. they story is the same in them all."
    It definately isn't.  They're all very similar, but it wouldn't be Zelda otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.