Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 2006

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess once again sees Link exploring the vast kingdom of Hyrule, this time in an attempt to dispel an evil twilight that has settled over the land.

How rare is the GC version?

Tmhargreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently found Twilight Princess for the GC in my local charity shop for £2 (not sure what that is in dollars) and I'm pretty certain that, at that price, is a steal. Looking on Ebay I see it going for a fair amount so it made me wonder how rare is this version of the game?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tmhargreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo: @vierastalo: Haha, saw it at that price and snapped it up. I never played it a couple of years ago and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. Always preferred the thought of playing it with the GC controller rather than the Wii-mote. At those prices though I seemed to have snagged myself a deal!

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great game. I think most people who hate on TP only played the wii version, the REAL version of the game is the GameCube version, the wii was a quick port job. Everything is in the right direction and it has the classic Zelda control scheme.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@counterclockwork87: ugh don't even fucking remind me of that Wii version. It was because of that the game was delayed for over a year with nearly zero explaination and then they had the balls to release the Wii version first, then the Gamecube version nearly a month later. To top it all off it wasn't even that good of a game! So many frustrating memories...

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Oh wow, I have a copy of the GC version and I wasn't aware how valuable it's become. Such a great game to cap the GC with.

pg77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I recommend keeping the game! I have been playing the GC version on emulator with a retrolink GC controller. I'm about 5 hours in and agree with @counterclockwork87.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh hey I own this, useful thread I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.