Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Gamepad functions in the new Zelda game

Avatar image for deactivated-15135
    deactivated-15135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So now that it's been revealed, let's make some predictions/wishes for the gamepad functionality in the new game. What would you like to see the gamepad used for, maps, item selection, anything else?

I always thought it would be cool to control navi or some other fairy independently from Link. I'd like to be able to send her off to check out distant objects using a touchscreen map.

Realisticly though, I imagine we'll be drawing boomerang paths or some other such stuff.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Prediction: Map and inventory

Wishes: Like you say, some sort of sending a minion off to other parts of the world or perhaps some sort of interaction with puzzle objects, maybe locks and room-wide puzzles.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Map, Inventory, and off screen play. They may not be the most original uses, but they work well.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Whoever is the "Navi" of this game, make them speak through the game pad (so I can mute them)
    trololol.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Map, inventory, off-screen play. Things that enhance gameplay. And no annoying gimmicks like drawing a path for the boomerang or blowing into the microphone.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wrighteous86

Put all those annoying "my first video game" tutorial messages down there so I can ignore them and enjoy the game.

hylian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe use it to scan for secrets

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.