Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

Do you think they'll make a film in the near future?

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So, 2016 will mark the return of video games to big budget movies (more or Less) with Warcraft and Assassin's Creed, which, while they could both be terrible, are at least definitely coming out. ( I have a cautious optimism for Warcraft, if only because I liked Duncan Jones' Moon) so now I'm wondering if this increased interest from studios will coax Nintendo out into the open again to make a Zelda film? What do you guys think? I'd like it, but given what Patrick related about the Mario Bros movie on the Bombcast last year, I think it's unlikely.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

No. There's nothing unique to the Zelda license narrative wise. The characters are all very simple, the setting is generic and the overall plot is incredibly straightforward. Also the property itself is nowhere near as hot as it was 20 years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.