Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

London Zelda Concert Details

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SoftCoreDave

Would be pretty cool, I love the Zelda sound track, London is a bit of a hike for me staying in the north east of Scotland, If I had been Glasgow I would have definitely gone along

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro

Hopefully Nintendo will send me some press tickets.  I'll still go if they don't though, the 25th Anni is too special to miss out on. I haven't missed a single VGL in London yet, and I don't intend to miss out on this also.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

I hope the tour comes to Sweden. The Castlevania concert at Stockholms Konserthus last year was fucking amazing.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

HWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Want NAW!

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

Wake up 30 mins after they go on sale, only £60 ones available >.>

Oh well, I threw my money at the site regardless.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Mijati

I just found out I won a pair of tickets from the Club Nintendo competition! So will be going to this.

Not sure what I'll do with the second ticket, don't really know anyone that wants to go.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude said:

I just found out I won a pair of tickets from the Club Nintendo competition! So will be going to this.

Not sure what I'll do with the second ticket, don't really know anyone that wants to go.

Congrats, well done on winning!. Post on a few forums you visit, and ask someone if they want to go along. It would be a shame if you left a seat open.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By cosi83

Eh, i'll go darkdude! that would be so coooool

Yeah I like saying cooooooool a lot. Really annoying huh

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mijati

@Contro: Will probably do that. Going to see if anyone from work is free that evening if not will either give it out here or elsewhere.

No idea exactly what ticket I got. But as it was through Nintendo I'm hoping for a VIP ticket :P. Will see tomorrow when I get emailed the details.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude:

Check out the awesome programme...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mijati

@Contro: That looks awesome!

I was told I'd get my tickets emailed to me "within 24 hours" which was Thursday (So tickets on Friday) still gotten nothing =/. Emailed them but of course haven't got a response back through that yet either.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude:

Don't wait too long before calling the UK customer service line and being a pain, let them know you're still waiting. A little while ago I was screwed over by them, when they sent me launch event tickets, two days after the launch event...

No Caption Provided

0845 60 50 247 (Calls charged at National Rate)

customer-support@nintendo.co.uk

prenquiries@nintendo.co.uk

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mijati

Just phoned them, apparently tickets will be emailed out today.

Was hesitant to phone them as last time I had to contact them about something I was on hold for an hour and without a landline that's not fun on an 0845 number. But they picked up right away and gave me an awesome within 2 minutes so that was great :). Will be giving the spare ticket away on Giant Bomb later today if anyone is interested, will post a blog about it I suspect.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude said:

Just phoned them, apparently tickets will be emailed out today.

Was hesitant to phone them as last time I had to contact them about something I was on hold for an hour and without a landline that's not fun on an 0845 number. But they picked up right away and gave me an awesome within 2 minutes so that was great :). Will be giving the spare ticket away on Giant Bomb later today if anyone is interested, will post a blog about it I suspect.

That's good to hear. If you see someone in the foyer wearing a sharp grey suit and herringbone hat, that'll be me :)

I would make it interesting by asking some Zelda related questions, you could use Zelda wikia to help you create a few.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amomjc

I wish something like this would come to PA, but alas this little po-dunk state who hasn't caught up with the rest of the country will not see anything past a couple of good musical concerts. Sigh, and with a new baby even the idea of going inter-state to see something close to me is even ridiculous.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mijati

@Contro: Will keep an eye out!

Will probably make it fairly simple as I imagine with such short notice not too many people would be able to make it. Will probably just get people to post about why they want to the ticket (if they're a huge zelda fan or whatever) and pick from there or just do a random draw.

Do you have any idea how long the concert is? As need to figure out train times and such and would have to include tube times in that so will be fun to do. Luckily I live less than an hour away from London by train so trains should run fairly late for me.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude:

Doors will open at 6.30pm, so I'm guessing the concert will start at 7.00pm and will go on for around two hours max. I'd say 9.15pm, taking into account a customary intermission towards the finale.

The Tube and BR connections are really good from the Hammersmith area, so you should have no problem. Use London Travel Information if you need to plan your journey precisely.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

Still gotta sort out travelling for this :P looks like a 8 hour return for sure q.q

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Contro

This is from Nintendo's Facebook page for the concert. It sounds like Link's bit of a diva:

No Caption Provided
    Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mijati

Got a text from Nintendo, concert apparently starts at 7:30 with doors opening at 6:30

Was unable to give away the extra ticket (posted a topic here but got no interest in it :(). Oh well, not much I can do now.

Probably going to get there around 5:30 or so, get my tickets then find somewhere to eat (I'm sure there'll be a Mcdonalds nearby somewhere). Got my train tickets sorted so all should be good. Probably have to get a taxi back from the station on my end as buses stop at silly hours and I'm an hour away by train (so add 30 minutes for tube on top of that).

Looking forward to this, still can't believe I actually won tickets to it though :D

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Contro
    No Caption Provided

@DarkDude said:

Got a text from Nintendo, concert apparently starts at 7:30 with doors opening at 6:30

Was unable to give away the extra ticket (posted a topic here but got no interest in it :(). Oh well, not much I can do now.

Probably going to get there around 5:30 or so, get my tickets then find somewhere to eat (I'm sure there'll be a Mcdonalds nearby somewhere). Got my train tickets sorted so all should be good. Probably have to get a taxi back from the station on my end as buses stop at silly hours and I'm an hour away by train (so add 30 minutes for tube on top of that).

Looking forward to this, still can't believe I actually won tickets to it though :D

There's a McDonald's around Hammersmith station. The Hammersmith Apollo is around the back of it, under the motorway fly-over. You'll need to take the underpass to get to it.

I'm looking forward to it also, it should be an awesome night. Eiji Aonuma and Koji Kondo will be in attendance.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mijati

Seeing the Programme from the LA concert makes me sad there's some parts missing (No Dark World music :(). But should still be awesome. I imagine the concerts are identical pretty much but will see.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude said:

Seeing the Programme from the LA concert makes me sad there's some parts missing (No Dark World music :(). But should still be awesome. I imagine the concerts are identical pretty much but will see.

Yea, all of them are the same unfortunately. It would be a much harder task for the orchestra if they weren't though. I hear they mucked up a few times during the LA date, so I'm hoping they put on their best performance yet at the London show.

If you have anything that Zelda Team or Koji Kondo has designed, you should bring it along to get signed. I'm bringing a sealed Ocarina of Time N64, the 3D version and Wind Waker.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mijati

In my seat now waiting for this to start. Looking awesome

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SlightConfuse

wish this would come to New York

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@DarkDude: I hope you have a great time!
    I really hope I can get a chance to go there, but I doubt they will get close!
    Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mijati

During the intermission now. They stated this would be the last concert, although who knows. Zelda Williams is presenting this too which is cool.

They played the dark world theme during the medley so I can die happy now

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Contro

@DarkDude:

A truly magical night we'll never forget. I loved it all, The Wind Waker stuff was heart melting, and the other stuff, very rousing. I had a crazy time trying to get stuff from the merch stand, thankfully it didn't ruin our night. I'll blog about it all in the morning, I would now but yet again I find myself very drunk.

Zelda Williams looked hot, even my GF thought so.

I got ten of them, lol

No Caption Provided
    Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mijati

Unfortunately I had to leave a little early as apparently maintenance work meant the last train was at 22:15 from Kings Cross, left after the 3rd song after the interval. Was great up until that point and really wished I could have stayed for the rest of the night but 30 minutes tube to kings cross then ~1 hour train ride back got in the way of that.

I'll post my full thoughts in the morning, terrible headache at the moment (and I didn't even touch a drop of alcohol :P) so heading to bed shortly.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Marzy

I'm incredibly jealous, lol.

I didn't know Kondo and Aonuma would be there. I feel like I've missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Contro

@Marzy said:

I'm incredibly jealous, lol.

I didn't know Kondo and Aonuma would be there. I feel like I've missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There were official camera's there, so I suppose it's been recorded. And of course selected tracks will go out with Skyward Sword.

There should be an interview in the Guardian online.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

Managed to play Skyward Sword for like 3 minutes - are the sword controls inverted or some shit >_<?

Other than that, awesome night! :P shame the posters cost £20... and I had to leave just after Gerudo Valley theme :( 9 hour journey back home ftl!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Contro

@SpaceKangaroo said:

Managed to play Skyward Sword for like 3 minutes - are the sword controls inverted or some shit >_<?

Other than that, awesome night! :P shame the posters cost £20... and I had to leave just after Gerudo Valley theme :( 9 hour journey back home ftl!

The queue, if you can call it that, was worse. I only bought the Wind Waker one.

No Caption Provided

The Geruda Valley theme was cool. They played Skyward Sword's theme at the very end, that was easily my favourite moment, second only to Kondo-san playing a Wind Waker melody on the Piano. The Zelda cheer they went through the crowd as Skyward Sword Zelda's lullaby came on the screen, was awesome.

SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

@Contro: Nice :D

Yeah I popped out between the intermission to check what merchandise was on sale, couldn't get anywhere :P seen a few people with multiple posters, crazy considering the cost!

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Marzy

Nice, I'd buy it straight away if it came to DVD. Maybe they'll put it on Club Nintendo - I'll definitely keep saving my stars up, just in case.

I saw a video of the Skyward Sword theme (didn't watch the trailer though, spoilers) and it was immense.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Contro

@Marzy said:

Nice, I'd buy it straight away if it came to DVD. Maybe they'll put it on Club Nintendo - I'll definitely keep saving my stars up, just in case.

I saw a video of the Skyward Sword theme (didn't watch the trailer though, spoilers) and it was immense.

I like this moment...

Granny's Theme - Wind Waker

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marzy

That was beautiful. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.