Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

The Legend Of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• 55 results
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Linkyshinks

I don't know what exactly the game will entail doing, but it looks sweet graphically and it is Zelda in the WW form.. I'm cool with it, I just wish Nintendo released some more info, rather than a lame teaser which does nothing to appeal to western Zelda fans.

When are the Japanese going to get it through their heads that we don't like their nerdy train games, if this Zelda game plays anything like those scary sims, Nintendo can gtfo with this s***  I doubt it will be though, but if it is,Nintendo have really lost the plot if they are using the Zelda franchise to push a style of game which gamers have no interest in here on the evidence of past releases.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Godwind

Train+Sugar=Selphie
    Train+Sugar=Selphie

I freaking love trains.  This game will be awesome.
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By FlipperDesert
    Knives said:
    "Less than tepid response. Not surprising from these forums. This game will be fantastic, just like Phantom Hourglass. I guess I'm one of the few that actually got and enjoyed the Ocean Temple. Yes, the train is a boat replacement. That doesn't mean "overworld" gameplay will be less than it was in Phantom Hourglass (if anything, there will be more). Think of it more as a change in theme and setting, rather than the return of a gameplay mechanic.

Normally I would give a shit what you all think of this game, but then I remember the warm reception the Giant Bomb community gave to the announcement of GTA: Chinatown Wars. Half the comments are given out of some fanboy lust, and the other half are just ignorant (a small minority have an educated opinion). 
    "
    Luckily, you have the option to not post here if the community's so wrong.

Phantom of Hourglass got boring as hell around the fourth time I went into the Temple of the Ocean King and did the same things over and over again, so no, not interested.
    BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BrickRoad

Well saying that it looks identical to PH in terms of gameplay is probably what Nintendo want, isn't it? A part from minor adjustments, haven't all LoZ games been pretty much the same? Don't get me wrong I loved PH and Wind Waker, even more so than OoT, but I'm not sure what people were expecting from a DS Zelda title. Having said that, if the overworld is locked to the tracks available then that may well feel limiting to the old Zelda fans, but this is new Nintendo, and they want to make the games as accessable as they can. Plus, I must confess that the train idea isn't sitting great with me. I actually liked the sailing in WW.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#55  Edited By LordAndrew
    Knives said:
    "Normally I would give a shit what you all think of this game, but then I remember the warm reception the Giant Bomb community gave to the announcement of GTA: Chinatown Wars. Half the comments are given out of some fanboy lust, and the other half are just ignorant (a small minority have an educated opinion). "
    A lot of people were actually very skeptical when Chinatown Wars was announced, and got even more worried once screenshots were released. But then the game came out and it turns out it was great. Maybe Spirit Tracks will turn out the same way, but I think we have the right to be skeptical at this point.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Willy105
    Will1Lucky said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "If this is the only Legend of Zelda game to be announced this year, ima want heads to start rolling! Because, in all seriousness, we need a new Legend of Zelda game for the Wii."
    More like a Real Zelda game, because this may say zelda but it simply isn't."
    What?

Yes it is.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Snail
    Black_Rose said:
    "Nay"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.