Another Longest Journey Adventure in the Works

#101 Edited by Nekroskop (2831 posts) -

@Parsnip said:

More details probably means a kickstarter in a few months. I'll pledge so hard.

They've already gotten some funding from the Norwegian Fillm Institute according to this article: http://bitly.com/QZlcBl (The Norwegian Kroner sign(Kr) gets translated to a pound sign for some odd reason.)

#102 Posted by WholeFunShow (401 posts) -

Happy dance! By the time I got around to Dreamfall the possibility of another sequel was seemingly long gone so the cliffhanger was absolutely crushing, it truly soured the entire franchise for me briefly, but if it will be ultimately justified (and I have faith in Mr Tornquist and co. , and accept absolutely that they will not come up with what I'm expecting, for the record when they release details, I will not be the half assed critic on the sidelines telling them what their franchise is) then I can hardly wait. Also, this strengthens the possibility of moar rereleases (HD or not) of the previous games. Wonder how's that iOS version coming along. BRB, have to high five KVO :D

#103 Posted by Cybexx (1282 posts) -

I loved The Longest Journey, that game had some really great writing. I still have not gotten around to finishing Dreamfall, maybe this is the kick in the ass I need to do so.

#104 Posted by admiralperpetual (13 posts) -

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!

#105 Posted by Linkster7 (1090 posts) -

I need to dig through my old stuff and find the game box for the longest journey, I wish I could find it online with Norwegian speech. The way it was meant to be played

#106 Posted by sazip (10 posts) -

@ToastMan said:

I think I remember hearing about Dreamfall Chapters years ago... Or am I making this up?

your not, 2007.

#107 Edited by Coreus (125 posts) -

FINALLY!! The story and story telling in TLJ and Dreamfall is amazing, it needs a follow-up after the cliff-hanger in Dreamfall.

#108 Posted by JackG100 (427 posts) -

Good News Everyone!

#109 Posted by Astiaks (90 posts) -

Yes, finally!

#110 Posted by Max_Cherry (1202 posts) -

Fuck yeah!

#111 Posted by DrDropship (14 posts) -

This is AMAZING news!

#112 Posted by dropabombonit (1541 posts) -

Patrick you need to play The Longest Journey, one of the best games of all time. Can't wait for this

#113 Posted by InfamousBIG (3279 posts) -

@dropabombonit said:

Patrick you need to play The Longest Journey, one of the best games of all time. Can't wait for this

Also the most convoluted puzzles of all times. Seriously, use bread crumbs on a rubber duck to deflate it? WHAT?!

#114 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7595 posts) -

@ahaisthisourchance said:

@Parsnip said:

More details probably means a kickstarter in a few months. I'll pledge so hard.

They've already gotten some funding from the Norwegian Fillm Institute according to this article: http://bitly.com/QZlcBl (The Norwegian Kroner sign(Kr) gets translated to a pound sign for some odd reason.)

They already confirmed they will be looking for backers via Kickstarter too.

Which is fine with me, I'm still of the opinion that we wouldn't see a lot of these games ever released without it.

#115 Posted by lurkingsalt (7 posts) -

I ran across Dreamfall while watching one of those game award shows and it being nominated(maybe winning) best sountrack of the year. This game is very high on my all time favorite list.

#116 Posted by Helios1337 (345 posts) -

@InfamousBIG: I only remember a couple puzzles being insane at the start and the rest of them actually making sense.

#117 Edited by mewarmo990 (845 posts) -

Loved Dreamfall, and never finished TLJ. This seems like a great time to replay through them both from the beginning.

If I had known, I would've done this for Extra Life!

#118 Posted by foggel (2777 posts) -

Never finished Dreamfall. Guess I'll reinstall it then.

#119 Edited by Intangible_360 (55 posts) -

The Longest Journey is easily one of my top 3 favorite games of all time, however I refuse to get my hopes up until the game goes gold.

#120 Posted by DampedWharf (8 posts) -

Finally! :D

#121 Posted by jerseyscum (1040 posts) -

Patrick.....get off your ass and play The Longest Journey. It's arguably the greatest adventure game ever made. It's on Steam and GOG, so there's no excuse. Get to it!

#122 Posted by dvorak (1510 posts) -
#123 Posted by dvorak (1510 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

Patrick.....get off your ass and play The Longest Journey. It's arguably the greatest adventure game ever made. It's on Steam and GOG, so there's no excuse. Get to it!

Yeah I mean it was easily one of the best and last adventure games, before the Telltale era.

#124 Posted by blaakmawf (544 posts) -

Oh, FUCK YES! Loved these games.

#125 Posted by Funkydupe (3426 posts) -
#126 Posted by Tygerian (5 posts) -

YES! This is definitely the most I've ever anticipated a sequel, ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.