Trailer

#1 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Doesn't look as bad as I expected for a "family friendly" Aragorn game... Maybe Headstrong Games can work their magic into a project like this, even though it's completely unlike The Houst of the Dead: Overkill. Battallion Wars 1 & 2 were quite cute yet looked and played great after all.

#2 Edited by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

I guess it doesn't look bad...
I just wish game developers would stop milking beloved fantasy literature for cheap games (yes, it does look like a low-production value title). What's this coming to? I might have to check it out, if only to see how faithful they remain to the books.

EDIT: Sounds like they actually got Sean Astin to do some voice work. That's a plus.

#3 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

looks gay as hell

#4 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It looks happy?

#5 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

That just looks terrible, actually makes me hate the LotR franchise even more, never thought that was possible.

#6 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It looks like a decent Zelda clone to me... Many things could go wrong (controls, pace, size, scope, length, difficulty etc) still but for now it seems ok (if you throw out any expectations you may have for canon continuity, and if it's really a Zelda clone and not a short level based hack & slash).

The visuals are clearly low end but have a robust style to them, kind of like World of Warcraft, and it seems to throw many enemies at you so... Nice.
#7 Posted by HatKing (6129 posts) -

Yeah it doesn't bother me at all.  Better than those kiddy cash-ins they do for just about every Disney movie ever released.  It sounds like they got some of the real voice actors, so that is a plus, I like the art style and they have a lot to work with.  I think it could turn out pretty decent.
#8 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#9 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

This game's now coming to the PS3 with Move support as well. So, Wii, PS3, PS2, PSP, and DS. I wonder why no 360 version will be available (since it will have classic controls on the PS2, they could easily onvert that setup). Oh well, hardly a loss, as neat as it might end up (not?) being.

#10 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Visuals remind me of WoW.

#11 Posted by Parabole (216 posts) -

John-Rhys Davies. Scholarly voice. Has to be a dwarf. And the other star is Chubby Sean Astin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.