Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 02, 2006

The follow-up to EA's well-received Lord of the Rings RTS, adding custom hero creation, free placement of buildings, and a story mode that covers lesser-known battles from the books.

Still possible to play online?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

Since EA have shut down the servers I was wondering whether the Xbox 360 version of the game is still playable online through the use of private games? (If the game has this feature.)

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Is it possible to play the PC version through Hamachi or some other similar software?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Azteck said:
    " Is it possible to play the PC version through Hamachi or some other similar software? "
    Yes, I am aware that the PC version is still playable through third-party software. However, I am asking about the Xbox 360 version due to the fact that my friend's PC's are less than stellar and we fancied playing it on the 360 together.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Azteck said:
    " Is it possible to play the PC version through Hamachi or some other similar software? "
    Yes, I am aware that the PC version is still playable through third-party software. However, I am asking about the Xbox 360 version due to the fact that my friend's PC's are less than stellar and we fancied playing it on the 360 together. "
    Well I was actually asking more for my own sake. I've wanted to try it out and kinda forgot about it until you mentioned it.
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KarlPilkington

I don't think it is.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Azteck said:
    " @FlamingHobo said:
    " @Azteck said:
    Yes, I am aware that the PC version is still playable through third-party software. However, I am asking about the Xbox 360 version due to the fact that my friend's PC's are less than stellar and we fancied playing it on the 360 together. "
    Well I was actually asking more for my own sake. I've wanted to try it out and kinda forgot about it until you mentioned it. "
    No worries. 

@Chabbs0 said:
    " I don't think it is. "
    This is disappointing. Ah well, thanks anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.