tomservo's The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (PlayStation 2) review

• tomservo wrote this review on .
  • tomservo has written a total of 5 reviews. The last one was for Patapon

It's an RPG, it's LOTR, it's money.

Now, I haven't played any of the final fantasy games for any great period of time except for final fantasy 12 which I didn't feel compelled to finish, but this game seems like it could fit well for some people.

I would be one of those people, I just can't find it in me to finish a 50 or so hour JRPG and this game with its mix of a compelling universe and the basic core gameplay that has worked for so many other games. Its length of about 12 hours for a skilled player(20 hours or so for me) makes it a perfect fit for someone who wants a fun lord of the rings game or wants a shorter, more american cultured alternative to a final fantasy game. That said though you can pick this game up for real cheap and that's the only reason why I recommend it.