any news on this game?

#1 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

has anyone heard anything more about this game than what's on here? is it good? bad? mehh? is it out this week or is the release schedule on here a bit miffed?

#2 Posted by slyspider (1234 posts) -

im gonna download it soon, its free right? 

#3 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -

I don't believe they've announced anything solid regarding a release date, although at one point they said Q1 of 2011.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

Game sounds interesting to me. I remember reading up about it and it's supposed to be a Diablo style LOTR game. I'm down for that.

#5 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

the new releases schedule on here has it labeled as on release for today. dunno if that's for sure though. i'll prolly peek my head on over to family video and see if it's there.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Think that's pretty wrong.

Far as I know its been announced a lil before E3 2010 and we have not heard or seen much from it since, a shame because from what I heard (third person class/3squad based combat with skill trees and buyable weapons/equipment) it sounded pretty fun.

I just want a good LotR hack and slasher!

#7 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong:  i hear ya. i looked it up on youtube to see if there was any game play footage but the only footage i could find was from pax and it was off a hand camera from in a crowd so you couldn't see the screens well.
#8 Posted by stinky (1549 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" Game sounds interesting to me. I remember reading up about it and it's supposed to be a Diablo style LOTR game. I'm down for that. "
problem is, they all sounded interesting at the time. dont think i ever heard a bad LOTR game concept. 
just somehow the end product...
#9 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -
@stinky said:
" @xyzygy said:
" Game sounds interesting to me. I remember reading up about it and it's supposed to be a Diablo style LOTR game. I'm down for that. "
problem is, they all sounded interesting at the time. dont think i ever heard a bad LOTR game concept. just somehow the end product... "
The difference here is that it's developed by Snowblind. That in and of itself is enough to get me reasonably interested.
#10 Posted by Agent47 (1896 posts) -

Yeah sounded interesting, though it was supposed to be released today no?Hopefully they push the release date for lots of juicy polish.

#11 Posted by Unlogik (163 posts) -

I remember hearing on some podcast that it was scheduled for a spring release.

#12 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

I hope it is released soon, this game could be awesome if they make it in the same vein as baldurs gate dark alliance

#13 Posted by sniperound (29 posts) -

Actually excited about this game. Haven't played a good lord of the rings game since...well ever!

#14 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
Rumors indicate that no one has any idea on the release date and that Snowblind made everything think they were going to announce a release date, but only announced that the game would be at Pax East.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.