Anyone have this on Steam?

#1 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

So the quicklook is making it look alright....okay the loot looks varied enough for me to drop like 30 bucks on it on a steam sale sometime soon.

But how's it run off Steam? Performance hitches? 360 Gamepad support?

Or should I just buy this for a console if it hits a bargain bin sometime?

#2 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I'd like to know this as well. Looks extremely fun to play in co-op.

#3 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: I just bought it, played an hour and a half. Felt more like thirty minutes. It's quite fun, the combat actually feels similar to Space Marine's melee but with a bit more depth (this is just judging from the Space Marine demo, I don't own it). It seems to perform fine, no glitches or performance hitches so far at all and it looks decent enough (though the start up screen... oh god, the characters look terrible and I was scared for a second -- it's much better in game). It does have 360 gamepad support, but honestly, I find it controls better with M+K. Much quicker to turn around and combo into different enemies about to hit you from behind. I also found Space Marine to be better with M+K from the demo, and I think I was in the minority there, so take that as you will. The loot is pretty varied, I've upgraded all my items several times just in the first hour and a half. So far I really, really like it. I am, however, a big LOTR fan so that may affect my judgement. Either way, I definitely recommend it.

#4 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@Doctorchimp: I just bought it, played an hour and a half. Felt more like thirty minutes. It's quite fun, the combat actually feels similar to Space Marine's melee but with a bit more depth (this is just judging from the Space Marine demo, I don't own it). It seems to perform fine, no glitches or performance hitches so far at all and it looks decent enough (though the start up screen... oh god, the characters look terrible and I was scared for a second -- it's much better in game). It does have 360 gamepad support, but honestly, I find it controls better with M+K. Much quicker to turn around and combo into different enemies about to hit you from behind. I also found Space Marine to be better with M+K from the demo, and I think I was in the minority there, so take that as you will. The loot is pretty varied, I've upgraded all my items several times just in the first hour and a half. So far I really, really like it. I am, however, a big LOTR fan so that may affect my judgement. Either way, I definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much duder for the reply. But I think I'll end up going 360 though so I can play with my brother on the couch. Sadly the PC doesn't have Splitscreen.

And yeah I'm a big Tolkien fan as well. Although I haven't actually seen Return of The King...

I've read Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit and even Silmarillion. And I actually own the Extended Editions of all three movies on DVD and seen Fellowship and Two Towers in theaters...

I'll be picking up the extended editions on Blu Ray soon though and just marathon it either on Thanksgiving or X-mas.

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Yeah, that's the one thing that bums me out on PCs. Always have to get my brother a copy or have him buy a copy to play co-op with him. Also: WATCH RETURN OF THE KING! It is the best one! :P

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@Doctorchimp: Yeah, that's the one thing that bums me out on PCs. Always have to get my brother a copy or have him buy a copy to play co-op with him. Also: WATCH RETURN OF THE KING! It is the best one! :P

I know I know.

I just let my friend borrow all three DVDs before summer cause his girlfriend never saw them and she made him sit through Harry Potter. She couldn't stop telling me how awesome that last movie is...

Each movie they broke up into two nights, but Return of The King was so good she did it in one night.

#7 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

It's fun and I haven't had any problems with hitching. Not sure on the Gamepad though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.