Is there any good lord of the rings games ?

#1 Posted by danpat177 (142 posts) -

does anyone know any good lord of the rings games for the ps2, ps3 xbox  xbox 360 or game cube ? 

#2 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2169 posts) -
#3 Posted by EVO (3929 posts) -

I hear Lord of the Rings: Try the Search Bar is pretty good.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (10062 posts) -

Battle For Middle Earth is supposed to be pretty good. Also, if you have even a half decent PC Lord of the Rings online is amazing, and it's free. 

EDIT: Oh sorry, BfME is only on the PC. 

The Two Towers and The Return of the King are your best bets.

#5 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" Return of the King is pretty good especially with a friend. "
Dude yes, only reason I clicked on this thread was to recommend this.
#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
The Third Age is pretty decent if you like RPG's, I know it entertained me more then I imagined it would, certainly a underrated gem.
#7 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I say you should get LotRO, I'm on that like crack for help with my rehab from WoW.  

Sure it's on PC, but I'm assuming you're on a PC as you are posting.

#8 Posted by DeepSpaceJesus (94 posts) -
@EVO said:
" I hear Lord of the Rings: Try the Search Bar is pretty good. "
this is a clever guy right here!
#9 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

I remember enjoying Two Towers more for whatever reason but that and RoTK were incredible games. I feel like they were overlooked by a lot of people. 

Battle for Middle Earth was cool at the time, but I went back to 2 recently and it felt pretty blah. I did enjoy Third Age for the short time I played of it.

#10 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

Battle For Middle Earth is supposed to be pretty good. Also, if you have even a half decent PC Lord of the Rings online is amazing, and it's free. EDIT: Oh sorry, BfME is only on the PC. The Two Towers and The Return of the King are your best bets.

All of the above, oh and to clarify, BfME was freaking awesome in it's time, the second one is mostly very good too, although the building designs were absolutely abismal for the goblin hordes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.