3.5 stars 3.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 2 releases and 0 DLC

A Different Take on the MMORPG That Was Cut Down in its Prime 0

I began playing The Matrix Online right after it got out of beta, around the same time that World of Warcraft was just beginning to pick up steam (and subscribers). Having gotten bored with the fantasy genre, I decided to try out Monolith's take on the MMO and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.  The story picks up right where the film The Matrix Revolutions ends: Neo, having sacrificed himself for Zion, is gone. And while The Architect kept his word, about allowing the humans to leave...

An impressive sandbox, but someone forgot to bring the toys. 0

The GoodI loved The Matrix when it came out. Loved it. But then, as a mildly rebellious, free-thinking teenage male who also enjoyed John Woo movies, I was pretty much under contractual obligation to. The series went downhill from there, and I personally believe that the marketing firms were so eager to make this the next Star Wars Trilogy that they sunk their own boat by overloading it. I walked out of the third movie disappointed, and certainly was nowhere near as excited about the prospect of...