Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 17, 2010

Enter a macabre and comical silent film world filled with mischief, time travel, and delicious pie. Record yourself and harness your time bending abilities to cooperate, compete against, and disrupt your past, present, and future selves. Winterbottom's debut misadventures present whimsical spin on the notions of time, space, and play.

Nice game - but way to easy

TsuHai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TsuHai

I really liked the game's artstyle and some puzzles were interesting but i found it way to easy. I got through the campaign in 2 hours and i got all the challanges in another 3 hours. Not much game for 800pts. But it was alright.  

I really had hopes that this game would be more challanging than braid, but i found braid a little bit harder.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

Five hours for an 800 point game sounds reasonable to me.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I thought it was totally worth 10 dollars.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By deathbyyeti

i really think trying to justify a purchase based on length instead of enjoyment or the game itself is a bit absurd

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Easy? I've only heard people talk about how it's very challenging. Also, it's made by like 3 guys. I'd say that's quite an accomplishment. 

BTW, have you guys been to the website? There is a pretty sweet song playing in the background. 

Edit: I thought it was small, but there is 8 guys on the team.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Its rather easy, not as easy as Braid I would say, but still easy. People that say its very challenging probably had the same thing to say about Braid and just aren't too good with these games. Even though they are rather different.

Asembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asembo
    @pause422 said:
    " Its rather easy, not as easy as Braid I would say, but still easy. People that say its very challenging probably had the same thing to say about Braid and just aren't too good with these games. Even though they are rather different. "
    It depends. Getting all the puzzle parts in Braid was challenging, there were a couple of hard puzzles. Winterbottom on the other hand was really easy, I even got through the challenges really quickly because it was mostly trial & error.

This game reminded me, that I need to get a new joystick, my left stick is very loose and it ruined alot of clone recordings.
    Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Meltac

Some parts were a pretty hard imo, and others were fairly easy, when you figured them out, but still a great, great game.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @xyzygy said:
    " Easy? I've only heard people talk about how it's very challenging. Also, it's made by like 3 guys. I'd say that's quite an accomplishment.  BTW, have you guys been to the website? There is a pretty sweet song playing in the background.  Edit: I thought it was small, but there is 8 guys on the team. "
    The song on the website is one of the tunes from the game. Lots of great music.
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sopranosfan

I am going to have to agree if it is an entertaining 2-5 hours for $10 then not bad.  If you multiply that by 6 to compare it to the price of a retail game that is 12-30 hours.  I know I had rather pay $10 for 2-5 good hours than for 10-15 hours I didn't enjoy.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Ultimadark

Not hard compared to Braid I guess?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jNerd
    @DeathbyYeti said:
    "i really think trying to justify a purchase based on length instead of enjoyment or the game itself is a bit absurd "

I whole heartedly agree, & I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. It's so charming :P lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.