Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Novelist

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 10, 2013

A game where the player must intervene in the everyday life of a novelist, Dan Kaplan, to help his family achieve their goals.

What Was Your Ending? (SPOILERS)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I ended up with the wife working full-time as an artist and running a group for recovering alcoholics. The husband's book was finished but a flop. He ended up working part-time and turning down the university job. The wife and husband's relationship was great following their stay. The son did well in school though was average to a little below average in literature/English. He ended up becoming an artist like his Mom.

I'm really happy with this game. It felt a little slow and tedious at times and the only consistent voice actor was the husband. But it looked good and raised some interesting issues. Some of those decisions were fucked even with the compromise mechanic. I'm happy I played it though. But, like with Gone Home, it isn't worth $20. $15 for both games is the right price with $10 being a must buy price. But I'm happy I played both regardless.

jestergren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jestergren

My ending was pretty happy for everyone, although probably not the best for any of them. My final choice was the envelope.

The husband's book was good, but not a classic. He got a steady professorship at the town nearby and they moved.

The wife was disappointed that her husband didn't wholly support her writing career, but she was happy that he made willing compromises and they felt like their marriage finally cemented over the summer.

The son became popular in school and went on to be a successful graphic novelist.

I'm curious to see what other people got.

Avatar image for imeanitschristine
    imeanitschristine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By imeanitschristine

I really liked my ending, despite Tommy having a rough upbringing (but many of kids do!) but what ended up to be his life reflects what a lot of what other people's lives look like and they're fairly okay-ish or are even happy so I'm sure he is too.

The husband Dan published his book that ended up being categorized as of the classics in American Literature history, and was among the greats in American Literature. Paul was floored when he first read the book and pushed for it to get out in the world immediately; this was after the family moved so Tommy could be a professor.

The mom Linda was disappointed about moving, but later had a successful gallery show, although she felt like she did it all on her own without the support of her husband.

The son Tommy had been bullied at the new school, he withdrew into himself as well as not furthering his passion in drawing. But now into his late twenties he has solidified a couple good friends but had fleeting and forgettable part time jobs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.