Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Operative: No One Lives Forever

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 09, 2000

Super-spy Cate Archer battles against the global terrorist organization known as H.A.R.M. in this groovy 1960s first-person shooter.

Is No One Lives Forever for the PS2 a decent version of the game?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

Or is it hot garbage? Because I just bought it. I happened to be glancing through the N section of the PS2 used games bin thing, and saw No One Lives Forever. Didn't know a PS2 version even existed.

Always wanted to play this game, and until it's released on Steam or GOG this seems to be my only legal opportunity to do so. Either way, it was only a buck so it's not that big a deal.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Calitar

I haven't played it myself, but I've heard some pretty bad things about that version. Sorry.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM

I heard it was a fine and functional game technically and game play-wise, but the checkpoint system ruins the game.

The Operative: No One Lives Forever

Oh, and also, about eight years ago I bought it on PS2 also since I couldn't find it on PC and had played and beat the second game, but once I brought it home and put it in the console it didn't even work, and it was new, so I had to bring it back. I haven't played the first one, and only if it by some chance ends up somewhat I can buy it, I probably won't play it. Just last year I watched some of it on Youtube, and it still looks fantastic (from a game play stand-point).

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

I looked at Metacritic to see what the reviews said, and that Gamespot review was by far the harshest of the sites I recognize. Most seem to agree it's not great, though. Eh. Like I said, it was a buck. I'll still give it a shot at some point.

Man I really wish it was on Steam.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zeushbien

Uhm, just buy the PC version used on amazon? That's what I did.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

Just pirate it. You can't buy it new anywhere right? So who cares. You're not going to find it used in any game stores so the only people you're giving money to is random eBayers, which is no different to just pirating it.

edit: oh hey an old thread. god damn it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.