Advice..

#1 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

Would this game be worth getting if I don't have Xbox Live?

#2 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

If you haven't played any of the Half-Life games yet, then yes, you have to get this game.  Portal is also fantastic.  You miss out on Team Fortress 2, but that's it.  Even without TF2 it's a fantastic deal.

#3 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

I would say its worth getting,TF2 is only a small part of that game.You're still getting  HL2 and both episodes after it,and portal also. Especially since they dropped the price to only 40$ new. If you haven't played those games yet, its definitely a must have,HL2 is one of the best fps made ,same with the quality of the other 2 episodes. And (unless its just isn't your thing) I've never really heard any complaints about portal,its really awesome,short but awesome.

Anyway,totally worth buying.

#4 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

Its definitely worth getting. Its a perfect way to have HL2 and both of the episodes on one disc. Portal is surprisingly awesome. I just bought it for $34 used at Gamestop. For that price, MUST BUY for anyone who somewhat likes first person shooters.

#5 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Its a fantastic  deal and even if you don't go online its still fantastic , besides i found that TF2 was fun but really laggy and not many people played it.

#6 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

Thanks guys, I'll probably get it then.

#7 Posted by YuXing (65 posts) -

The orange box is the deal of the century!!!

#8 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

I'm getting it after I finish the first Half-Life

#9 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Yeah, especially since its under $20 now, thats why i picked it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.