Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Orange Box

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 09, 2007

The Orange Box is a video game compilation that packages Half-Life 2 (including Episode 1 and Episode 2), Team Fortress 2, and Portal into one.

How do I use the TV resolution?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Ok, I have this on PC and it is better on that, but I also have this on 360 (and had it on PS3), I'm just wondering, how do I play it with the TV resolution (1440x900) rather than the games default 720p? I swear I once ran it in 1440x900 but last time I tried the games they only ran in 720p. Is it just me and because of me playing the PC version directly after playing the 360, then going back to the 360 after PC, I just thought it was better and the PC messed my perception up? Or did I really play it in the TV's native resolution somehow?

I need help, or an explanation please.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Surkov

The 360 and PS3 versions are both 1280 x 720, like almost all console games. That one time you saw 1440 x 900 must have been your monitor messing with you. 
    And yes, the PC version is the best way to play the Orange Box. 

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

I think as long as I play the 360 version (which I haven't played in a long time, nor very often) and not the PC version, I'll be fine on how it looks. If I play the PC version then the 360 I notice how bad the 360 one looks. Except for the fact that it really isn't that bad, it's just that the PC version is superior.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.