sorce sdk orange box help

#1 Posted by GuttlessCashew (111 posts) -

i keep getting an error when i start the sdk saying Instruction at "0x1098c64f" referenced memory at "0x0f310410" memory could not be "read"

#2 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

computer specs?

#3 Edited by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Diagnosis: You're doing something wrong. Probably playing on a low end PC. Give specs.

#4 Posted by GuttlessCashew (111 posts) -

what like hardware? cause i have a pretty good computer crysis on high at 30 fps. and all my drivers are up to date.

#5 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

lol....is it a torrented version????

#6 Posted by GuttlessCashew (111 posts) -

what?

#7 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

You don't know your computer specs but you can play Crysis on high at 30fps?
That seems so wrong for some reason.

#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

What confuses me the most is why you'd wan't to use The Orange Box SDK.

#9 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

did you get it illegally?

#10 Posted by GuttlessCashew (111 posts) -

no it's legal and of corse I know my computer specs it's just that saying it can play crysis should be enough of a statement.

#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Thrawn said:
"did you get it illegally?"
Let's not use words like that. It puts off getting a real answer. There's nothing illegal about downloading pirated games. Only distribution.
#12 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

try google.

#13 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
GuttlessCashew said:
"no it's legal and of corse I know my computer specs it's just that saying it can play crysis should be enough of a statement."
There could be known conflict errors with certain hardware. :)
I don't know if that is an actual problem with TF2 or its SDK, but it would definitely help your cause.
#14 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Verify integrity of cache.

#15 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Here is the answer from the Steam FAQ.

#16 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Thrawn said:
Let's not use words like that. It puts off getting a real answer. There's nothing illegal about downloading pirated games. Only distribution."

Sure there is.
#17 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
xruntime said:
"Demilich said:
"Thrawn said:
Let's not use words like that. It puts off getting a real answer. There's nothing illegal about downloading pirated games. Only distribution."

Sure there is.
"
Uhh nope. It's completely legal to download pirated music, movies and games. It may be against the policy of your ISP however. It's the websites that you download them from that are violating laws.
#18 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
Demilich said:
"xruntime said:
"Demilich said:
"Thrawn said:

Sure there is.
"
Uhh nope. It's completely legal to download pirated music, movies and games. It may be against the policy of your ISP however. It's the websites that you download them from that are violating laws."
Are you sure about that?

#19 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

What else were you running? Because I get that sometimes when I run a shitload of applications at once.

#20 Edited by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Rowr said:
"Demilich said:
"xruntime said:
"Demilich said:
"Thrawn said:

Sure there is.
"
Uhh nope. It's completely legal to download pirated music, movies and games. It may be against the policy of your ISP however. It's the websites that you download them from that are violating laws."
Are you sure about that?

"
In both countries I've lived in, yes. Also in the United States.

Long story short, it's legal on the basis of 'try before you buy'. Since technically you don't 'own' the product and you could delete it at any time.
#21 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
GuttlessCashew said:
"nope"
We are going to need more information from your end to get an idea of what could be causing the problem.
#22 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Rowr said:
"Demilich said:
"xruntime said:
"Demilich said:
"Thrawn said:

Sure there is.
"
Are you sure about that?

"
In both countries I've lived in, yes. Also in the United States."
I was under the impression laws were a bit stricter, at least here in aus.

Until only recently it was technically illegal to rip your music and listen to it on a mp3 player.
#23 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Well I live in Australia, and it is legal here.

#24 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -
Demilich said:
"Well I live in Australia, and it is legal here."
Do you base that off anything? Where did you discover this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.