Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Orange Box

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 09, 2007

The Orange Box is a video game compilation that packages Half-Life 2 (including Episode 1 and Episode 2), Team Fortress 2, and Portal into one.

The Orange Box (PS3)

BuckyBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BuckyBall

Do you guys think I should get The Orange Box for the PS3?

I've already played through Portal, but I'd like to play Team Fortress 2 online. I'm afraid there won't be enough people playing TF2, in which case my purchase would be a waste. Is there any way to find out the stats on the number of people that play TF2 online on the PS3?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

Don't really think you can do anything to figure it out unless someone that has it could just tell you how it usually looks...its pretty dead on the 360 until you make your own game and just start it and wait for people to join after a bit, so I can't imagine it being very lively on the PS3 either.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By c1337us

If all you want it for is the TeamFortress2 online it may not be worth it at this point. I dont know. I havent played TF2 for a while.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By chililili

When I used to play there were always a small group of people 4-6 full games. But honestly you should get it for the PC if you can.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RandomHero666
    BuckyBall said:
    "Do you guys think I should get The Orange Box for the PS3?

I've already played through Portal, but I'd like to play Team Fortress 2 online. I'm afraid there won't be enough people playing TF2, in which case my purchase would be a waste. Is there any way to find out the stats on the number of people that play TF2 online on the PS3?
    "
    Buying the orange box is 100% worth it for Half Life 2 and the 2 Episodes alone, Throw into that Portal and TF2.
    I dunno about the PS3 community, but on Xbox theres no shortage of Players in Team Fortress, but that said, i heard the pc userbase is monsterous.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Hardly anyone plays TF2 on 360, and since the PS3 version is even more inferior than that version, I doubt many people will still play it. If you want to play TF2, the PC version is the way to go.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

I'm not sure of the stats, but the PC version of TF2 is a lot more active than the Xbox 360, and even that's probably more active than the PS3 version.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

nah. get it on pc or 360 if possible. the load times and framerates on the ps3 version are absurd. no reason for it at all either so its really frustrating. 

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By regularassmilk

Yeah, last time I was on TF2, yesterday, games available 24/7

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

its cheap now so why not

Avatar image for deactivated-59601bf090f91
    deactivated-59601bf090f91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought TOB on PS3 last week. There always seems to be a game going down in TF2, but I guess if you have the option to purchase the PC version that'd be your best bet, and that's not even considering all the frame rate issues that were talked about at the time of its release on PS3.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By artofwar420
    dcpc10 said:
    "Get it on PC, best platform for valve games."

grimmspectre18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By grimmspectre18

The PS3 is great for some games, this isn't one of them. Most of the people that would have been in the TF2 community we're either scared off by massive bug issues that this version suffered early on or have abandoned it in lue of other online shooters such as Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, COD4, COD:WAW, etc. I'd suggest looking elsewhere for an online shooter. However, The Orange Box now sells for about $10 so which is a steal for Portal and all of the Half Life content. I hope this helped.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iceman2913

bad idea

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By End_Boss

Man, I'm so sick of these threads. Well, more specifically the people that, time and again, feel it necessary to state: "LOL BUYING ORANGE BAWX ON CONSUL IS BHAD." We get that it's probably a better experience on the PC, we get that there's a lot of user-generated content that's indubitably a blast, but you don't seem to get that some of us

A) Don't like to play with a mouse and keyboard or,
    B) Don't have the cash to put together a PC that will run games as smoothly as we would like OR,
    C) Have the money but don't want to bother with having to constantly sink money into our platform and would rather buy it for one on which it is guaranteed to work.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By TheHBK

If the PS3 is the only way you can play it, then go for it.  But I would go for the PC and then 360, PS3 is last resort.  Framerate issues aside, it is still a great game and you get so much more with it, you dont want to play Half-Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2?

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By dsplayer1010

From what I've heard, the PS3 version is really buggy. And Valve has confirmed that it won't won't get the TF2 updates. Try getting it on the PC or 360 if you can.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gizmo
    artofwar420 said:
    dcpc10 said: "Get it on PC, best platform for valve games."
    Need I remind you of the topic title;

The Orange Box (PS3)

He's not talking about the PC version, got it?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artofwar420

I meant don't get it for the PS3. 

bradgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bradgoat

The Orange Box is great on the PS3! I highly recommend it :) There is a active PS3 TF2 community (http://www.ps3tf2.co.nr/), and is far more active than the Xbox 360 version (partially because there are dedicated servers around instead of relying on client hosted games; this also means there's a greater chance you won't suffer from god-awful lag!). It's not as updated as the PC version but you'll still have a great time playing :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.