Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Order: 1886

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 20, 2015

A third-person shooter set in a steampunk-themed alternate timeline, with a dash of the supernatural. Developed by Ready at Dawn Studios for the PlayStation 4.

No Multiplayer

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-06-no-multiplayer-in-ps4-exclusive-the-order-1886

No complaints from my part, unless it would've been the most amazing co-op feature ever. Hoping that this'll show in the quality of the singleplayer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

That's... actually a little disappointing, as I was excited at the prospect of a 4-player coop game on the PS4 Gears style.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Co-op would have been nice but I'm totally fine with this only being a singleplayer game.

I'm excited to see......anything about this game. Preferably gameplay.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kinda stinks, I was hoping for a good multiplayer in something so I have a reason to play my PS4. I haven't even unpacked my PS4 or Xbone since I moved a month ago.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

Good focus on the SP and bring us a AAA exclusive.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a joke! I'm not paying $60 for half the game!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Has there been any gameplay shown? I'm still not sure exactly what this is supposed to be like.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there been any gameplay shown? I'm still not sure exactly what this is supposed to be like.

Nope, not a drip. There have been gifs though.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That trailer kinda made it look like a 4 player co-op game... Bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's great. I'm really glad that developers are still willing to focus purely on one aspect.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then I'm hoping the single-player component has some replay value. A TPS without multi-player is just odd.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great. There are way too less games with provide a SP only experience and have all the focus on that one.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Just dropped down my list of most anticipated. Now it's looking like The Division.

Why put out a trailer showing off 4 characters fighting together and never mention if it's multiplayer or not until waaaaaay later? Thats such a bullshit move

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Just dropped down my list of most anticipated. Now it's looking like The Division.

Why put out a trailer showing off 4 characters fighting together and never mention if it's multiplayer or not until waaaaaay later? Thats such a bullshit move

errrr, wellll, ok... I sort of see where you're coming from. Never thought about it that way.

Co-op would have been nice but really I'm fine with this news.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BisonHero

Well that's a sweet bonus for me, since I likely never would've taken advantage of its implied co-op based on the trailer.

Good to know they're focusing on the part of the game I'm likely to actually play.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@somedelicook: It's possible the game will have an element of tactics to it, similar to Mass Effect or The Bureau, with you pausing and potentially switching between characters, if not giving out orders at least ala Binary Domain. So long as they're not just a trio of invincible tag-alongs...

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@geraltitude: A lot of people thought the same thing. Even the previews from gaming sites after the E3 trailer said it looks like a co-op game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I love people's reaction to this shit. If they did have it people would be yelling about it being tacked on. Now people are complaining about it not being it it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

I love people's reaction to this shit. If they did have it people would be yelling about it being tacked on. Now people are complaining about it not being it it.

Generalisations -- ahoy!

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While a co-op mode would of been cool, hopefully that just makes the single player game that much better. Can't wait to see this game when it's finished.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel like I must be psychic or something because it was obvious this would be single player only (to me). I mean it's RAD's first console game and I don't know. I just knew it'd be single player only.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1) Considering the reactions in this thread, it looks like most people were expecting coop (I was as well, and am now disappointed).

2) People always try to run this shit line of logic around any complaint they don't agree with, never realizing that they are almost always two separate groups of people.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yummylee
    bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This always seemed like a single player game to me, so I am fine with this news. Plus I don't have any friends who play games, so I never play co-op :(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Except,I have no dog in this fight. Multiplayer or no I don't really care Im merely observing.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Except,I have no dog in this fight. Multiplayer or no I don't really care Im merely observing.

But you're "observing" something that isn't even happening in this thread. Opinions seem split between, "Okay, cool, I usually play single player anyway." and "Darn, I thought this was co-op.". Nothing hyperbolic or ragey or any dumb gamer reactions.

I'm just sick of people coming into threads they don't care about (whch you admit you don't) and then talking shit about people who do. Especially when that shit talking is completely baseless.

Anyway, I'm not sure why, but I also just assumed this was a SP only game, so I'm glad that it's confirmed. Maybe we're finally over that destructive trend of publishers forcing devs to shoehorn crappy MP into every game. Next Gen priorities!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@geraltitude: A lot of people thought the same thing. Even the previews from gaming sites after the E3 trailer said it looks like a co-op game.

Yeah I believe you, I just thought it was a single player game with maybe a co-op element. Like I said, fair enough. Kinda figured it was more like ME1 with the character switching, which it kind of has to be right? No one in their right mind would make a game with 3 dumb AIs bumping around all over the place in 2014. Unless this is the game to finally crack the Dumb Companion nut. (yeah right).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.