Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Pinball Arcade

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

Official virtual recreations of numerous pinball tables from some of the largest manufacturers of pinball machines in history.

The Pinball Arcade first DLC: Medieval Madness / Bride of Pinbot

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Medieval Madness looks SO much better here than it did in the Williams Collection, and Bride of Pinbot also looks like a lot of fun. I believe I read that early May was suggested as the approximate release date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a Medieval Madness machine not far from here. My only gripe with this game is that it's too bright. I'm used to playing pinball machines in the dark.

downtownriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By downtownriot

I agree, Medieval Madness looks a lot better now. It looks like the table is darker so the lights pop out more. Tales of the Arabian Nights looks better too, though I've never really cared for that table.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By joshthebear

Bring on more tables. Medieval Madness looks great and so far am loving this.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#5  Edited By bobafettjm

I will eat up the DLC for this game every time it comes out. While I do love Pinball FX 2, nothing for me can beat playing the tables that I used to as a kid.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorkamorkaorka: I played it at a local "fun park" a few weeks ago for my birthday, pretty neat. I still have the top like 4 high scores in the Williams Collection :)

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thesquarepear

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject

Medieval madness is free in April (and out now) on Android. It's very rampy and too fast for me so I'll stick to Theatre of Magic®

Pin•Bot® seems a little simple and slow to me and doesn't have many ramps

I feel like there is a little input lag (ICS on a Transformer) but otherwise great presentation except for a couple low res textures.

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By washablemarkers
    @gorkamorkaorka

There's a Medieval Madness machine not far from here. My only gripe with this game is that it's too bright. I'm used to playing pinball machines in the dark.

That was the first thing I noticed, too. I'm used to seeing these machines under years of use, preferably stuffed away in some dark corner of the arcade.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Romination

The fact that a pinball machine collection can be rated E10+ is pretty awesome to me.

XtremePudim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By XtremePudim

As someone born in 1990, pinball always was an weird thing to me that, as I grew up, I never really understood or enjoyed, but now as someone that is interested in history (videogame and otherwise) the idea of being able to enjoy these pinball masterpieces is really appealing to me. Long story short, I’m totally enjoying Pinball Arcade and will probably buy all the dlc, even though my phone makes the game kinda janky, because the concept of reviving these games is incredibly cool, also Medieval Madness is all kinds of crazy.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Anyone know how DLC will work for this game? Will it be like FX2 where I can buy individual tables w/o buying the base collection?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By skrutop

A friend of mine had a Pinbot table growing up. I loved playing that.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@SteamPunkJin said:

Anyone know how DLC will work for this game? Will it be like FX2 where I can buy individual tables w/o buying the base collection?

I'm pretty sure you have to buy the base collection, but perhaps an Android owner (who already has access to the DLC) can tell us for sure.

My only complaint about an actual table is on Black Hole. It's a load of crap that you can close the gate again once you've opened it. I know they had to leave it that way for the sake of preserving history and all, but it strikes me as a really awful gameplay choice designed with the intent of stealing your quarters.

The other tables are great.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshthebear

@SpaceInsomniac said:

My only complaint about an actual table is on Black Hole. It's a load of crap that you can close the gate again once you've opened it. I know they had to leave it that way for the sake of preserving history and all, but it strikes me as a really awful gameplay choice designed with the intent of stealing your quarters.

The other tables are great.

I agree completely. Black Hole is easily my least favorite of the initial 4 but it's not terrible. Theatre of Magic all the way.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thesquarepear

@VinceNotVance said:

@SteamPunkJin said:

The game isn't a free download for consoles like it is for iOS/Android. It's a straight $10 download that gives you access to the 4 tables. You can't buy just one table or anything like that (not until the DLC anyway).

It's a free download on Android (I don't know if it's only this month). I bought Theatre of Magic standalone for 3$.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MachoFantastico

I'm sure I'll be getting all the DLC released. Never played any of these tables and if the first four are any indication I'm going to be addicted to this game for a while.

Excited for Medievil Madness, heard a lot of praise for that table.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By MachoFantastico

All four tables are a blast, Black Hole is probably my least favourite but I keep in mind it's the oldest and the newer ones have all sorts of gadgetry.
    Theatre of Magic steals the show along with Arabian Nights.

CharAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CharAznable

Any word on a definite release date for the first DLC, or how long for subsequent DLC packs? I'm anxious to get some more tables, and I'm pumped to play Attack from Mars. That one's a sentimental favorite of mine.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@CharAznable said:

Any word on a definite release date for the first DLC, or how long for subsequent DLC packs? I'm anxious to get some more tables, and I'm pumped to play Attack from Mars. That one's a sentimental favorite of mine.

The official word is sometime in May for these two tables, and then a table or two a month after that.

@Romination said:

The fact that a pinball machine collection can be rated E10+ is pretty awesome to me.

If this Stern table ever gets released--although that is quite doubtful--it will require a lot more than an E10+

OrangeCrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OrangeCrush

I am a pinball junkie and currently own 4 tables (Data East Star Wars, Adams Family, Revenge from Mars, and the new LE Transformers). I used to own more but I sold a couple tables to fund my new Transformers table. Anyways, I wasn't a big fan of PC style pinball as its been tried multiple times in the past and the results have been less than stellar. That said, I absolutely LOVE Pinball FX2 and the new Pinball Arcade. I guess it was just a matter of time before they nailed the design of these kinds of pinball games. They are a blast to play and I think the 2 games compliment each other perfectly. You have FX2, which design their own tables, and then you have Pinball Arcade that concentrates on real pinball tables. I have been playing FX2 for awhile now and I think they have gotten A LOT better at designing tables. Some of their older tables are pretty weak but their newer tables have been outstanding. Cant wait for the Avengers 4 pack.

My only complaint in regards to Pinball Arcade was the inclusion of Black Hole. While its a historically significant table (First lower level table) its also one of the more boring when compared to tables that came later on. Its also one of the more difficult tables so I don't think it was a good choice right off the bat. They should have picked another table and given people a chance to buy Black Hole as an add on table at a later date. As other have stated, there are aspects to Black Hole that are clearly in place to make as much money as possible. The crazy thing is that this was the first 50 cent pinball game so this table was just a huge money sucker. All in all its one of my least favorite tables. thankfully the other 3 tables are amazing, especially Theater of Magic.

All in all it looks like Pinball on these devices is here to stay and I for one think that is a very good thing indeed.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By dream431ca

I am going to buy every DLC that comes to this game. Hands down, the best pinball game I have played.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By asmo917

I have this for both iOS and 360, but my iOS version has been kinda borked since the recent update. I bought the DLC pack, but the only table that will play is Medievil Madness. The other all say "Downloading" and just stop, well before they're a quarter of the way done. Anyone else running into this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but get the same results.

CharAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CharAznable

Has anyone heard when the DLC tables will be released on 360? I've been scouring the internet to no avail.

I've been loving the game, but I need some new tables to play. Attack From Mars is #1 on my list, can't wait until that comes out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.